Chapter Thirty

It's getting close to Christmas time. It's one of my favorite holidays. I love seeing kids opening presents, seeing family and friends and most of all the decorations. However, it's not going so well this year. Scar got the cold two weeks ago from day care and Jimmy had the flu all last week. I've haven't felt the best either. I have a small cold, not that bad but I've been throwing up lately. It clams down around twelve. I have a feeling that I might be pregnant but I don't know.

"How are you feeling?" Jimmy asked walking into the room with soup.

"Better now that you are here" I joked wiping my nose.

"What are you doing?" he asked taking my notebook full of lyrics.

"Playing around with a song" I ate a spoonful of soup, "It's not for the band. It doesn't seem to fit you know."

"Dead leaves and the dirty ground when I know you're not around. Shiny tops and soda pops when I hear your lips make a sound." He read the first four lines of the song out loud, "What's this supposed to mean?"

"Huh?" I asked with a mouthful of soup.

"The lyrics? What do they have to do with? There's always a story behind lyrics."

"Not all the time but it's just something that came to mind. It's most likely not going to see the light of day."

"I'll be back" he said, leaving our room.

In the time that he was gone, I ate most of my soup. I have feeling like I'm going to throw up but then again it won't be bad. Maybe, just maybe I am pregnant. I don't want to doubt it or say full on that I am. I'm just going to keep it to myself for a while. Maybe I'll tell him later on in the day. Jimmy came back with a guitar and a tape recorder breaking me from my thoughts.

"What are you doing?" I asked putting my try on my nightstand.

"Shhh..."

He pressed play on the recorder. He started to play a few power chords before going into this riff. He played the riff for a couple seconds before going into the verse.

Dead leaves and the dirty ground when I know you're not around

Shiny tops and soda pops, when I hear your lips make a sound

Thirty notes in the mailbox, will tell you that I'm coming home

And I think I'm gonna stick around

For a while so you're not alone. For a while so you're not alone.

After the verse he kind of played the riff again and quiet the playing.

If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall

If I could just hear your pretty voice

I don't think I need to see at all. I don't think I need to see at all.

Soft hair and a velvet tongue, I want to give you what you give to me

And every breath that is in your lungs

Is a tiny little gift to me. A tiny little gift to me.

After a few more lines, Jimmy finished the song. He played it back and we both agreed it needs a tweak here and there. I really liked what he did with the riff. He kissed me and left me alone to put his things away. My back started to hurt and I was done with my soup, since it's not hot anymore, so I decided to get out of bed. I put on my robe before leaving the bedroom. My legs felt a little wobbly from not walking too much but I managed to walk into the kitchen.