5| First Shift

^REECE^

I WAS ALREADY sweating before I had even gotten changed into my uniform. I ran around my bedroom like a headless chicken, hastily dabbing at my flesh with my pyjama pants in an attempt to dry my moist and overheated skin.

I had fifteen minutes before I had to be out of the house, and Gemma was not here to do my makeup as she was working. I was on the brink of a hysterical meltdown. There was no way I would be able to leave the house this fresh faced.

I decided to skip the smoky eye and went straight to the lashes. After three failed attempts of perfectly aligning them to my lash-line, I finally managed to do so without glueing my eyes shut.

"Okay, good, good. That's the hardest part done. You got this." I told myself as I pulled a shiny black pair of booty shorts over my fishnet stockings, feeling like the fat on my inner thighs were about to erupt out of the holes of the stockings.

My hair was caught in the lacy material of the black bralette top that I was attempting to put on in a rush, and I winced in pain. I did not bother checking myself out in the mirror again as I did not care about what I looked like anymore. I was just desperate to not be late.

"Are you done?" I heard Ruby yell from the living room and I felt my heart skip a beat. I had forgotten about her, and the fact that she was taking me there.

"Yeah, coming!" I yelled back as I grabbed my bag and sparkling silver heels in my hands before scurrying out the door.

Ruby's car was a black convertible, something I would never be capable of affording. It's roof was up, thankfully, as the last thing I needed was my straightened hair to become frizzy in the wind.

I used to have a car but decided to get rid of it after figuring that I would not be necessary in New York. And even if I was to get a car, it would certainly not be as luxurious as Gemma's or Ruby's.

"What are you, famous?" I joked as I pulled the seatbelt across my chest.

Ruby laughed before quickly eyeing me. "You look good." She said and I felt heat flush over me for a second. I am definitely not used to so many compliments from a stranger, especially an attractive stranger who started off insulting me at first.

I instinctively wrapped my arms around my bare waist. In the midst of my panic, I had forgotten to bring a coat to keep myself comfortable and contained until it was time. Now I felt extremely self-conscious knowing that strangers would be staring once I had stepped out of the car in an outfit like this one.

As we drove in silence, the radio playing The Chainsmokers hit song Closer, I sneakily glanced at Ruby to catch an eyeful of what she was required to wear.

The first thing I noticed were her tattoos. Yesterday I had only seen the ones on her lower arm but now I could see the complete set. All the colors were overwhelming to the eye, but it just made her appear ten times more attractive and badass. She wore a black muscle top and due to the large openings on the side, I could see her red lace bra followed by even more tattoos, these ones more simple and less colorful. She wore torn skinny jeans on her slim legs, and her dark hair was swept to the side, revealing a shaven part. She made my chest ache with her Goddess-ness and I wished she wouldn't.

She had a black and blue design on the back of her left hand that gripped the steering wheel from the top, followed by a letter on four knuckles. I found myself inching closer to get a better look at what it spelled out, but jumped back when Ruby suddenly spoke.