3 • Damon

For Sarah91t , thanks for the request and sorry for the wait x

(The topic of this imagine may be triggering for some people, if abuse is something that upsets you etc then I'd advise you not to read) Many thanks <3

Imagine Damon finding out about your previous relationship.

---------------------------

You'd been with your boyfriend Damon for almost a year and a half now, to say that you felt safer and more secure was the understatement of the century. Your previous relationship had been everything someone would class as the worst, full of fear and trust issues. Back when Damon had first taken a liking to you, you were still very much on edge and cautious about talking to any other man again. You were still healing from it now, the pain and fear still evident in tiny flinches whenever someone touched your shoulder or a door slammed.

The only way you could describe your previous relationship was as if it was a thunder storm; starting off in the tranquility and peacefulness of change, but slowly the signs began to show. A grip that slowly grew tighter, anger that slowly grew more fierce...and bruises that slowly grew bigger. You felt trapped and with no way out, drowning in your own fear of what could happen if you left. But also imagining what could happen if you stayed.

Thankfully with the loving support of friends and family, people began to notice and the guy hasn't stepped foot near you in years.

Since those times, you've been at your best. Surrounded by your friends and Damon, who still doesn't know the full story about your previous relationship, they're all so positive and bring you up everyday from the knocked down nervous soul you used to be.

But that person is gone.

You're stronger and more confident than ever, and that's how you intend it to stay.

"Do we have to go out tonight babe?" You groaned from the couch, clearly disinterested in the idea of a meal out.

"Yes Sarah, it'll be nice I promise." Damon chuckled at your pouty face, you sighed and began to push yourself off the couch.

"Fine, but please don't go too overboard with the roses like last time." You spoke with a small smile creeping onto your face at the memory. Damon had taken you out for a meal and spoilt you in a lavish restaurant with a table covered in rose petals.

"I was only thinking of going down to the grill for drink." Damon shrugged whilst chuckling. "But if you want to go all fancy then we could go somewhere nicer?" He offered but you shook your head, not feeling like dressing up tonight.

"No a drink at the grill sounds perfect." You smiled and grabbed your coat, following Damon out the door.

*

You both arrived at the busy Grill as Damon led you round towards two empty seats at the bar, ordering your usual drink as you surveyed the bubbling room. People's conversations, slurred and sober, mingled together into a constant drone of voices coming from every direction around you. The bartender came back with a glass for you and a bottle of something strong for Damon with a shot glass, no doubting it was Bourbon.

You smiled and sipped at the concoction of alcohol and fruity fizzy additives, whilst Damon tipped the strong burning liquid down his throat in one. Barely even wincing as you rolled your eyes.

Suddenly someone from next to you accidentally knocked into you, causing your drink to slosh over the side and spill onto the bar counter slightly.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to-" The guy stopped as looked up at him and froze. No, it couldn't be. "Sarah?" Your name coming from his mouth made your heart thump and pound in your chest from fear, all you could remember were the times your name was shouted from those lips. The blazing anger that used to erupt from those eyes over nothing. And that sickeningly sweet stench of his cologne that clogged your airways, making you want to vomit yet scream at him to get away all at the same time. "Sarah oh my god I didn't expect to see you here!" He smiled as if everything was alright, you just looked at him in shock.