14 • Kai

For fatcheeto , hope you enjoy :D

Imagine almost dying and Kai tries to save you.

——————————

You and Kai had always been there for each other, no matter what either of you were going through. He'd helped to ground you through hard times and kept you from going crazy, you'd tried to do the same in return but didn't know how successful that was. The two of you had been trapped in a prison world, you weren't sure for how long. You just knew it felt like forever.

Today was no different. The whirling wind around the two of you had began to pick up, you closer your eyes and continued to concentrate. As a witch, you spent a large proportion of your time and energy on trying to find a way out of there. Up to this point, no way of escaping had revealed itself.

However yesterday the two of you had found a strange object that you thought might be of use somehow. You could feel the energy radiating off of it and knew that if you could harness it somehow, you might be able to create a means of escape.

"Just be careful okay?" Kai warned as you rolled your eyes at him.

"I'll be fine Kai, you know I'm better at magic than you." You threw him a playful smile as he raised an eyebrow.

"Just don't use too much energy okay Y/N? You'll be too tired for...other activities." He winked as you stared at him with wide eyes.

"I'm going to pretend that you said nothing." You murmured before closing your eyes and controlling your breathing. Settling down into a steady rhythm of breathing in and then mumbling the chants of spells as you breathed out.

You tried channelling all of your energy, concentrating it into a small area to make it more powerful. All you were focusing on was home. Not this abandoned illusion, acting as a mirror image of the town you wanted-no, needed- to get to. Your eyes were squeezed shut as you continued to concentrate on the words, the power and most of all, home.

"Y/N, stop!" Kai was shouting as you relentlessly chanted the words, tasting blood and realising your nose was bleeding.

"Kai I need to channel your power." You spoke as you heard him scoff through the sound of the howling wind.

"No Y/N, you're not channelling me I don't have much power of my own." He sighed but you shook your head and grabbed his arm.

"You're a witch, that's all I need at this moment." You shouted, then began to chant once more. You could feel the energy of Kai being drawn from him as he gritted his teeth, refusing to chant with you. "Kai!" You shouted angrily.

"Y/N it would be too much power! You'd die!" He replied back, you shook your head, clearly vexed and focusing only on getting out. There was nothing you wanted more than to escape this unforgiving place. You didn't care how much energy you spent on getting out, you just couldn't take it anymore.
"Stop Y/N! Stop it now!" He shouted loudly, the wind was dangerously strong, whipping up piles of leaves and debris. Kai was trying to wriggle out of your grip, however you ignored him and continued to say the words.

"Kai please, you know all I want is to get out of here." You spoke, feeling his arm slipping from your hand. You used your other hand to wipe the stream of blood that was dripping from your nose.

"Y/N look at me!" Kai ordered but you didn't. "Look at me Y/N!" He shouted even louder, causing you to turn and glance at him. "I know you want to get out of here, so do I, but you need to be logical. You can't get out of here if you're dead!"

His words stung fiercely as something clicked inside you, the overwhelming power was only being kept at bay with brute force from you. You knew that if you faltered now, the energy would be too much.

"I'm sorry Kai." You spoke sadly, a tear rolling down your cheek. "I need to go home, I can't do this anymore." You murmured, closing your eyes and using your last resources.

The words were all tumbling into one extended phrase, no gaps or breaths between. The blood running freely from your nose was the least of your worries as you gripped onto Kai's arm for dear life.

The object in front of you was almost glowing with the amount of energy flowing through it.

"Y/N please, we'll find another way." Kai pleaded as you shook your head, groaning from the pain that was coursing through your veins. A white light was opening up above the object, signifying there was hope for a way out.

"Kai look! We're nearly there!" You shouted, however your words were cut off with a cry of pain as a surge of energy ran up your arm. This caused you to let go of Kai's arm, the power becoming too much.

You could hear Kai chanting from beside you, holding onto your arm to draw a small amount of power, however it wasn't the spell that you'd been using. He was reversing the effort that you'd put in, as you stood with your hands on your knees. Exhausted.

Closing your eyes momentarily, you felt your muscles relax as Kai ceased his channeling of power. The ceasing of the strenuous activity causing you to sink to your knees, you were suddenly conscious of the blood that caked your face, body and arm.

"Don't ever so something like that again." Kai sighed as he sat next to you on the grass. You felt too dizzy to reply, instead you used your final efforts to lie on your back. Kai followed so that you were both lying and gazing up at the setting sun.

"I just want to get out of here." You sighed, panting harder. Eyes closing lazily as you felt drained of all energy.

"Don't worry we will." Kai whispered. "One day, I promise." He put an arm around you comfortingly, however that didn't stop you from flinching at first. Still conscious that he can channel your power. "I'm sorry okay."

"It's alright." You sighed, moving a hand up to rub your eyes.

"I promise you I'll get us out of here. Let's just plan it a lot better so we don't get hurt okay?" He spoke reassuringly as you dipped in and out of consciousness.

———————————

Hey guys!! Hope you liked this!

Please let me know if you're interested in this new mystery/ romance book, I'm really excited to write it :)

Thanks guys :D

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird