18 • Enzo

For the_fangirl_2003 , hope you like it :)

Imagine being the daughter of Damon and Elena but Elena not approving of your boyfriend Enzo.

--------------------------

"So dad..." You trailed off, searching your brain for a way to word your next sentence. 

"Hmm?" He asked in confusion, frowning slightly at the worried look in your eyes. 

"Enzo, you invited him for dinner." You breathed out slowly, cringing at even the thought. It was an odd dynamic and one that you knew your mum wouldn't approve of. Especially the fact that Enzo was over a century old. 

"Yeah?" Damon shrugged as you swallowed thickly. 

"Have you told mum?" This made him stop and turn to you, the look on his face was enough to tell you the answer to your own question. "Tell her!" You spoke in disbelief, groaning in annoyance. 

"I think you should be the one to Y/N." He shrugged it off as you rolled your eyes.

"No dad, you invited Enzo, you tell mum." You were getting angrier by the moment, fully knowing that your mum would be even angrier than you when she finds out. 

"I'm just starting dinner!" She called from downstairs as you and Damon both gave each other a look. 

"Actually, make enough for four!" Damon shouted down, causing you to wince.

"Why?" Elena questioned as she appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"Y/N's boyfriend's joining us." He spoke cryptically as Elena's face broke out into a small smile, you internally groaned, knowing it wouldn't be a smile when she found out who it was.

"Okay." She shrugged before heading back to the kitchen.

You looked back at Damon with pleading eyes.

"Please warn her." You begged as he shook his head.

"Nope I'm going to be passive in this situation." He dismissed before walking downstairs, leaving you stood feeling very vulnerable and annoyed. 

*

Less than an hour you heard the sound that you'd been dreading.

The doorbell.

Swiftly you rushed to the bottom of the stairs, however Elena got there first. 

"Oh hey Enzo." She smiled as he nodded and smiled, looking past her and catching your eye. The panicked look in your eyes gave away what you were feeling as he frowned at you slightly. "Come in, we're waiting to meet Y/N's boyfriend." She spoke in a light tone, watching Enzo's face completely drop.

Realisation hit Enzo like a ton of bricks as he swiftly understood the situation, coughing awkwardly as he stood awkwardly.

All you could do was spectate in horror as Elena too realised the gravity of the situation, her eyes widening in shock and disbelief.

"Oh my god! You..." She then turned to face you, a hand coming to her mouth. "And you..."

Thankfully Damon appeared and surveyed the situation before shaking his head and standing next to your mum. 

"You're not shocked by this!" Elena asked him in a concoction of confusion and anger.

"I-I"

"You already knew." She shook her head at how ridiculous the situation was appearing.

Enzo glanced over to see your expression of frozen horror, catching his eye and giving him an apologetic look. He discretely shrugged and shook his head slightly.

"Well this isn't awkward." Damon sighed as you rolled your eyes at his comment.

"Y/N how long has this been going on?" Elena asked, angry was an understatement.

"Ugh..."

"And oh god! Think of the age gap!" She exclaimed as your mouth hung open. 

"Mum you can't talk! There's more than a century between you and Dad!" You raised your voice in annoyance at her hypocrisy. She merely huffed and shook her head.

"Y/N don't you see how wrong this is?" She asked as you scoffed.

"No I don't actually, because Enzo and I are happy. You're the one here with the problem mum." You spoke whilst walking over to Enzo, standing close to him. He helped by reaching out and placing his hand in yours, squeezing it reassuringly. 

"Fine whatever." Elena held her hands up, leaving the room and going back into the kitchen, stomping loudly, Damon following behind. He sent Enzo an apologetic look, before closing the door behind him. 

You groaned before heading for the stairs, Enzo followed you as you went into your room, half closing-half slamming the door behind you. 

"She'll calm down, just give it some time." Enzo suggested, trying to make the situation better.

"I swear she hates me." You groaned, sitting back on your bed. Enzo came and filled the space next to you, allowing you to lean your head on his shoulder. 

"She doesn't hate you love, she just wants to protect you." He countered as you groaned.

"Curse you and your logic." You sighed, causing him to chuckle. 

"It's true though, she just wants the best for you." He added, you nodded, knowing he was partially right.

"Why can't she just be happy for me?" You questioned out loud, not really expecting an answer. 

"Because it's their job to question your decisions, trust me I wish I had a mother who cared about me like Elena does for you." Enzo moved your head slowly, tilting it towards him and tenderly kissing your forehead. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." You spoke, a smile creeping onto your lips. "Thank you for being so understanding with my parents." You sighed, looking down slightly in embarrassment. 

You felt his finger under your chin, lifting it until your eyes met his. 

"Seriously Y/N, hearing what your mum said only makes me want to prove her wrong more. I love you so much, and I want her to see that I'm here to stay." He reassured you as you nodded, unable to suppress your growing smile. "Okay?"

You nodded in answer, leaning forwards and pushing your lips against his. He kissed back lovingly, passionately. You wrapped your arms around him deepening the kiss by eliminating the space between you.

"I love you."

------------------------------

So many of my imagines end with that line, I'm so unoriginal :0 Hope you guys liked it anyway :D

Thanks so much for all the support, it really means a lot!

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird