25 • Damon

For lcstyourmind, hope you like it :D

Imagine being Enzo's sister and him not approving of your relationship with Damon.

---------------------------

"He's not that bad." You shrugged as Enzo stared at you, eyes wide in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me Y/N?" He laughed in astonishment, shaking his head. "Damon is dangerous. I don't need you involved with him."

"You're not the boss of me Enzo, I don't need your approval." You scoffed, glaring at your brother who leaned against a wall.

The only valid point you could give Enzo credit for was the fact that you and Damon did fight quite a bit. It was usually over his 'friendship' with Bonnie; you wouldn't call yourself jealous, however you wouldn't say that you were totally alright with the prospect.

The time Damon spent with her is just something that you didn't understand or comprehend. It made you slightly angry, however he'd always reassure you that nothing was happening.

"I'm trying to protect you Y/N, for your own good." Enzo sighed, growing bored of arguing.

"Enzo I love him." You whispered, your words made him stop. He pondered over if you really meant it, his head cocking to the side slightly as he thought.

"No you don't." He replied, your anger was beginning to build up, you ran forwards and pushed his chest.

"Yes I do, leave us be Enzo." You spoke through gritted teeth.

"Can't you see that this isn't you?" Enzo asked in shock at your actions. "You'd never have been violent before you met him."

"He's taught me how to protect myself." You countered, Enzo rolled his eyes.

"It's a toxic relationship Y/N, you're always breaking up and getting back together." Enzo groaned, you nodded, knowing it was true. Your arguments always lead to you both saying you needed a break. However this break could never last more than a day before one of you missed the other.

"It makes us stronger." You mumbled as the doorbell rang, your eyes closed as you knew exactly who it was.

"Please tell me it's not..." However the apologetic look you gave him answered what he didn't want to hear. "Oh for god's sake." He groaned as you walked over to the door.

"Hey babe." Damon smirked from the doorway as you answered the door, however his face dropped when he saw Enzo. "Hi Enzo, how you doing?" He questioned, looking at your brother who was seething.

"Just great." Is all he replied, Damon gave you a quizzical look but you merely shook your head.

"I'll see you later, Damon and I are going out." You spoke to Enzo who simply shrugged, acting as if he didn't care anymore.

You sighed before grabbing your jacket and walking over to the door, after shutting it and walking down the path, Damon spoke up.

"What was that all about?" He questioned with a frown.

"Just my brother being over protective." You sighed, Damon nodded in understanding and made a face.

"You won't listen to him will you?" He pressed as you sighed.

"No of course I won't, I love you." You replied, Damon nodded as a smirk was creeping onto his face.

"I love you too, where are we going?" He frowned, looking around as you shrugged.

"I don't mind, anywhere but that house." You laughed, gesturing back to the small ground floor apartment that you shared with your brother. "Anyway what've you been up to today?"

"Oh you know, been doing the rounds, made breakfast with Bonnie and that's about it." He shrugged, acting as if his life was so mundane despite the out of the ordinary fact that he's a vampire.

You bit your lip at the mention of Bonnie, not wanting to cause a scene, however you couldn't suppress your annoyance. It seemed that he spent so much time with her, doing 'couple' activities. It just didn't add up to you.

"Again?" You questioned, eyes narrowing slightly. You heard Damon sigh as he stopped walking. "What?" You asked.

"Why do you always care so much? She's a friend Y/N, nothing more. Besides, she couldn't compete with you anyway." He smirked, putting an arm around you as you rolled your eyes. "Are you still bothered by it?" He questioned as your lips made a tight line. 

"No...maybe- okay yes." You groaned, running a hand through your hair. "I guess it is jealousy." You sighed. "I just don't like how much time you spend with her."

"You know that every time you say this, it only hurts me more. I love you and it hurts me that you won't believe there's nothing going on between Bonnie and I." Damon shook his head, removing his arm as he walked with his head down. 

"Damon can we please come to some agreement on this." You whispered, stopping walking. "I don't want to keep fighting with you about this, Enzo thinks this is toxic because we always fight."

"You believe him?" Damon questioned, not looking up.

"I-I don't know anymore." You shrugged, the two of you stood there, unsure of how to resolve this once and for all. 

"I just want you to know that I don't do it to wind you up on purpose, I genuinely like having Bonnie as a friend." Damon admitted. "But I love you, and you need to understand that."

"I know." You sighed, thinking it through in your head. "I do, it's just hard." You admitted, frowning.

"It doesn't have to be hard, we just need to communicate more." Damon offered, looking up at you as you nodded slowly. "I don't wanna loose you over some stupid fight Y/N, who cares if Enzo doesn't want us together. He doesn't matter." He continued, you felt the corners of your mouth lifting up into a small smile as he spoke.

"Yeah, I don't wanna loose you either." You nodded, moving towards him. "I promise I'll try and tolerate your friendship with Bonnie better in the future, I'm sorry that it gets me so worked up." Damon smiled lightly too, looking down at you.

"I forgive you babe, I don't want to fight." He whispered, moving closer to you. You could feel his breath fanning over your face from the close proximity, your eyes flitted down to his lips before glancing back up at his pale blue orbs.

"I love you." You spoke again before placing a tender kiss to his lips. "It doesn't matter what anyone says, not Enzo nor anyone. I want to be with you."

------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed!! Just updated Lacuna too so go check it out! :D

Thanks so much everyone! Glad to be active again :)

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird