Chapter 19

Ben^^

Bens POV

"I-I just have ma-ath, science, and g-govrnment homew-work today." I answered Dom's question. He nodded and mumbled a quiet 'same' while finishing up a problem. I grabbed out my science and started working on my questions. I only had about five and they were pretty easy to answer so I wouldn't have to spend much time on them.

"Ugh I'm done with my math for now. I do not feel like doing that right now." Dom grumbled while putting his math stuff away. So far with just knowing him for a little while he seemed really nice. I mean he didn't really ever put emotions into what he said but he still seemed  like a great person. Leo and I became friends because of James, and Dom and I became friend because of Leo.

"W-why aren't you o-on the tea-am?" I questioned. He seemed like he would be MVP of any team he was on but he wasn't on the baseball team.

"Not my thing. I don't like it nor do I understand it. I rather play football or wrestle and sometimes lacrosse. What about you? Do you do anything?" He questioned back.

"W-well n-no. I-I'm not g-good at any sp-ports." I mumbled back shyly. I never liked talking about things I do because people always seemed to judge me for not being on team or in clubs. I just don't make friends very well and people always seem to have a pre-conceived image and stereotype of what I'm like.

"Oh that's cool. So how are are things with James?" He asked moving his eyebrows up and down a little. I just giggled a bit shaking my head. Him and Leo really were a perfect match for each other, they were polar opposites when it came to some things, but they were so similar with other things.

"G-good. We have our f-first date tom-morrow." I mumbled an answer with a small blush. We haven't been of a date yet because of things going on and I was getting used to the idea of being mates with an alpha. I was just self-conscious about almost everything about me so it was difficult for me to realize that he wouldn't reject me.

"Yeah I heard Leo told me. I think you'll have fun." He answered back with a sly smirk. I just pouted because knowing Leo he helped James plan the entire thing. And James refuses to tell me anything about the date other then telling me to dress 'casual' and not to stress over anything.

"Yeah, so w-what are we doi-ing?" I questioned seeing if he would answer.

"Nope, I was sworn to secrecy by my mate and he promised me that if I uttered one word to you about the date he'd cut off sex for two weeks." He answered looking a bit frightened at the thought of not having sex with his mate for two weeks. I don't get why mates couples always want to do it, I mean it can't be so good that they never want to stop; right? 

I looked up to see a bunch of people starting to walk over towards the bleachers. I looked over at he clock and saw that it was almost 3:45 meaning that game would be starting any minute. Dom noticed too and we quickly picked up all of our homework outing in in our bags so we weren't taking up an entire area of the bleachers.

"Welcome everyone to the East Vs. Old high school baseball game." The announcers voice echoed. Everyone in the crowd cheered and whistled. The announcer said a few more things before both teams got ready on the baseball diamond. Our team was bating first and Ty was up first.

I zoned out for most of the game because I didn't really know what was going on. I looked over at the clock and saw we were winning 9-6. I looked over at the warm-up benches and saw Leo and James messing around with each other. As if sensing I was looking over at him James looked over at me making eye contact with me. I smiled shyly at him resulting in him smiling a 100-watt smile back. Before he could do anything else Leo tackled him to the ground with a painful sounding thump. They both quickly got up once coach started yelling at them. I touched the necklace through the shirt I was wearing making me smile; James wasn't making me mate with him right away, and I was happy that he realized I wasn't ready yet.