❤️ Chapter 4 ❤️

Rico Carter

It was the weekend, and for the first time in awhile I didn't have any plans until one of my close friends Dej hit me up. She asked could I go to the tattoo shop with her and watch her get tatted. Since I ain't have no plans I decided to go with her.

I know people probably wondering why I'm hangin' out with a girl when I'm chasing after one, so here's my answer. Dej is gay, she don't even like men. I met Dej last year, she was in my gym class. We ain't start talkin' until we met through a mutual friend at a kickback over the summer.

"My nigga, what's up?" We dapped hands as we went inside the tattoo shop.

"Wassup Dej, you already know what you gettin'?"

"Yeah, imma get something on my arm. I'm tryna get a sleeve, but I can only afford half of it right now." She turned her SnapBack around.

"I feel you." I sat down in a chair in the waiting area.

"I heard you was chasing after someone, who is she?" Dej sat down next to me as she waited for an available tattoo artist.

"Damn niggas spread the word like an std." I held my head down laughing.

Dej hit my arm as she laughed with me. "You stupid."

"Her name Destiny, she a senior. You know her?"

"Brown skinned Destiny? The quiet one?" Her eyes widened.

"Yeah, damn everyone know her as quiet." I scratched my head.

"Wordddd. I used to be cool with her freshman year, I don't know what happened we just fell off forreal." Dej shrugged her shoulders. "She hella cool tho, I think y'all would be a good look."

"You and everybody else, but she hella hard to get."

"What you mean?" She furrowed an eyebrow.

"One minute she act like she interested in me, and the next she don't want shit to do with me." I sighed, I never trip over a girl and the fact that she got me this way is scary as hell.

"Sound like she playing games with you. She don't know what she want, huh?"

"I don't know man. It gotta be something deeper than that." I ran my hand down my face.

Trying to figure Destiny out is like a baby trying to learn how to walk.  You take a couple steps forward, fall down and repeat the same steps all over again.

A tall tatted white guy came over to greet Dej.

"Dej, what's going on? I haven't seen you in a min

"Dej, what's going on? I haven't seen you in a min." They did a weird handshake.

"My mans Rich, I had to stop by while I got the money to get it."

"That's wassup. Show me what you want, so we can get you inked up."

Dej took her phone out her back pocket showing Rich the picture of the tattoo she wanted.