❤️Chapter 5 ❤️

3 months later

May 2011

Destiny Taylor

Destiny Taylor

I've been running around all day getting ready for prom. I got tracks blended in with my real hair to give my hair more length.  The makeup artist beat the hell out of my face, I'm in love with myself. The only thing that's pissing me off at the moment is my prom date Jayce, he's running late.

We were suppose to ride in the limo with my friends, I didn't want to hold them up so I texted Jasmine telling them to go ahead. This nigga pulled up in a black escalade, stepping out thinking he's the shit.

I mentally rolled my eyes. I know he came late on purpose because he didn't want to ride in the limo with my friends, he wants us to be alone because he thinks we're getting back together. I'm not stupid.

"Damn Des, you look fine as hell." He whispered his hot ass breath in my ear.

"Thanks." I forced a smile on my face.

"Lets hurry up and get a couple of pictures so y'all can get out of here." My mom grabbed her camera off the coffee table.

Everyone gathered around taking more than enough pictures of Jayce and I together. I love taking pictures, but they took so many pictures that I started to run out of poses.

"We should get going." I politely excused myself.

"Homeboy, you make sure you take good care of my daughter." My father stopped Jayce.

"Oh, I will." He smirked rubbing his hands together.

My father turned red in the face. I can tell he wanted to go Floyd Mayweather on Jayce. It's bad enough my father is overprotective, Jayce didn't make the situation any better.

If it wasn't for my mom holding my dad back all hell would've broke loose.

The car ride to the prom location was silent as hell. I honestly didn't know what the hell to talk about, especially since I had no interest in talking to Jay. I didn't even want to be with him.

"Jay watch out." I screamed as he ran into a chain.

"So you wasn't gon' tell me it was a chain right there?" Jay put the truck in reverse and backed up.

"I didn't think I had too. I mean you're the one driving." I scoffed.

I seen the chain, I just wanted to be petty and let him scratch up the front of this truck he rented. That's what he gets for cheating on me.