❤️ Chapter 46 ❤️

Rico Carter

I took a bite of my cheeseburger as I sat with my co-workers in the cafe, we were on lunch break.

"My girl been hella trippin' lately," I took a sip of my lemonade. "You know she think me and you got something going on?"

Ashtyn tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. "What are you serious?"

I nodded my head.

"We're just friends though," Ashtyn chuckled.

"I tried to tell her that she don't understand."

"Me and Ciara are throwing a costume party, you're invited and I'd love if you bring your girlfriend so I can meet her. I'll show her that it's nothing going on between us," Ashtyn smiled.

"I'd really appreciate that Ash," my finger traced around my cup.

"I know how much you really love her, plus y'all been together for a couple of years now, huh? She ain't going no where," Ashtyn reassured me.

"Yup three years, you damn straight that's the love of my life." I felt myself smiling thinking about how far Des and I have come.

"Goals bro! Goals!" Ashtyn ran her fingers through her hair.

"Damn man lunch be going by so fast," I got up and stretched as I checked the time.

"Ugh, are you kiddin' me? It's time to go back already." Ashtyn sighed.

I threw my trash away before I headed back to work. I was tired of pampering grown ass old men, but it pays my bills and that's all that matters.

As soon as I clocked back in from lunch I was already folding towels and stocking them. Serving glasses of water and lemonade, and handing out pretzels.

I made at least 50 dollars in tips, so I couldn't really complain.

Later on that evening I went home to shower and change clothes. My cousin Raevyn drove from Cali to Vegas to celebrate her birthday and she invited Destiny and I to go out with the fam tonight.

"You ready baby?" I peeked my head in the bathroom while Destiny was doing her makeup.

We finally been talkin', but we ain't fully on good terms yet.

"I'll be ready in a sec," she swung her hair over her shoulder.

"You lookin' like a snack," I bit down on my bottom lip as I admired how beautiful she is.

"Thank you, I wish I could say the same about you," she smirked at me through the mirror.

My face expression changed from a smile to a mean mug real quick.

"Man fuck you," I stuck my middle finger up at her.

Destiny threw her head back laughing. "I'm jokin' babe, come here handsome."

"What you call me?" I furrowed an eyebrow.

"Handsome," A huge grin spread across her face.

"Nah, before that."

"Babe?" She furrowed her perfectly arched eyebrows.

"You finally called me babe again," I grabbed her by her waist, pulling her body close to mine. "Feels good to hear you call me that again,"

"Bye Rico," She Damn near rolled her eyes to the back of her head.

"Oh no nigga, my name is babe, baby, or daddy to you." I grabbed a handful of her ass and smacked it.