❤️Chapter 14 ❤️

Destiny Taylor

It's only been a week since I've started college and the teacher already gave us a test. I sighed as my eyes skimmed over my grade which read a 50%.

This is not a good start for me. There is definitely a huge difference between high school and college. In high school they don't rush through lessons as fast as they do in college.

I ran my fingers through my silky straight hair as I became frustrated.

"I thought you said you didn't need help." Darien read my face expression.

"I thought I wasn't going to need it." I bit down on my bottom lip.

My grade could've been better if I wasn't being so stubborn.

"That offer I suggested is still available if you need it."

"I'll accept it." I can't take the risk of failing this class.

"Do you have a class after this one?" Darien asked.

I shook my head no.

"My professor canceled class, so we can go to the library and go over the problems you got wrong if that's cool with you."

"That's fine with me. I'll just text my mom and tell her to pick me up in an hour."

After class was over Darien and I walked to the library together.

I admired how huge the library is, it has three floors.

Darien and I went to the second floor. We found an empty table in the corner by the window.

Darien and I sat across from one another. I took my test out of my book bag and placed it on the table.

"I see what you did wrong here, you were supposed to multiply before you add the numbers together."

I blew out a sigh as I tucked my hair behind my ears, we are barely finished the first problem I got wrong and I'm frustrated already.

"I know this is hard for you, but you can't get frustrated. Take a deep breath and relax. I'll make sure you pass the next test." Darien reassured me.

"Thank you Darien, I needed to hear that."

It took us about a half an hour to go over the rest of the problems I got wrong.

Since I had another half an hour left before my mom come get me, I decided to hang out with Darien to kill time.

"Have math always been hard for you?" Darien asked.

"I actually didn't start getting bad with it until high school."

"That's understandable. If you want we can exchange numbers just in case you get stuck on a problem while you doing homework."

I know that was his way of trying to get closer to me, but since he's nice I decided to exchange numbers with him.

A huge smile spread across his face as I handed him his phone back.

I never realized how cute his smile was until now. I quickly turned my head away as I thought about Rico. Rico's smile always made me weak.

"You okay?" Darien rested his hand on my shoulder causing me to jump.

"Yeah, I'm cool." I forced a small smile on my face.

"Want to go to the cafe to grab something to drink or a snack?"

"No, I don't really feel like walking back. Besides I told my mom to pick me up at the library."