❤️ Chapter 47 ❤️

A/N: I am soooo sorry for being M.I.A. I've had writers block for the longest, and lowkey still do. I honestly miss writing, this story was written from the heart and than out of no where I lost interest in writing It. Forced writing is the worse,  so I will be ending this story very soon. If you're still rocking with this story I appreciate you for understanding & being patient. Thank you ♥️.

Destiny Taylor

We were currently sitting over Terrell's house. I had got off work early today, I went straight home to change in my bathing suit. We were supposed to meet Rico's family at the M resort so we could go swimming.

Raevyn wouldn't answer Rico's phone call. I figured that was because they didn't want me to come. 

"I really rushed to change in my bathing suit, and no one wants to answer their phone." I sat on the couch with my right leg crossed over my left.

"Don't worry about it babe, we can go swimming here. The pool here is bigger anyway," Rico suggested.

"I would go with y'all but the water might be too cold for TJ," Cydnie said with a smirk on her face.

"I guess it's just going to be me, you, and Keshawn then," Rico shrugged his shoulders.

As soon as we walked outside we quickly turned around the weather went from being hot to cool, and I'll be damned if I get in a pool while it's cool outside.

"This is just great, I'm really in the mood to go swimming now." I shook my head as we walked back to the apartment.

"Don't worry babe, we'll go swimming soon." Rico wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Your cousin, she don't like me huh?"

"No she likes you babe, it was just a misunderstanding. She said every time she tried to talk to you, you were gone with Cydnie."

"That's not my fault Cydnie asked me to go to the bathroom with her. If she wanted to talk to me, all she had to do was pull me to the side, but it's whatever." I threw my hands up. "I'm ready to go home."

I was irritated every time I turn around it's some drama with Rico's family. Something I did or said that offended them and at this point I'm just about to stay to myself.

It's to the point that when they come in town and want to link up I won't be going.

"Y'all leaving so soon?" Cydnie furrowed an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I had a long day at work. I just want to go home and relax,"

"Aww man, well text me later." Cydnie gave me a half hug.

I nodded my head as I grabbed my belongings on the way out.

The car ride back to our apartment was silent until we pulled up in the parking lot and parked.

"You good baby?" Rico reached over and caressed my thigh.

"I guess, I just don't understand. We never argued this much. Maybe it's not meant to be, maybe I should just move back home." I felt my eyes well up with tears.

"It's just a misunderstanding baby. You know what I notice?" Rico grabbed my hand and pecked it.

"What?" I sniffled as I looked up at him.

Rico took his index finger and wiped the tears that were falling from my eyes.

"Ever since you became friends with Cydnie our relationship haven't been the same."

"You're so right, it's crazy I never noticed that." I bit down on my bottom lip as I thought about it.

Every time I vented to Cydnie she would take a positive situation and turn it into a negative one.

"And you know the crazy part, her and Terrell was sitting at the dinner table like they were the perfect family. I'm pretty sure she plotted this, she knew exactly what to say to start an argument between us." I tucked my hair behind my ear. "That bitch," I mumbled to myself.

Rico looked over at me and chuckled. "I don't mean to laugh, but you make the cutest little faces when you get mad," he threw his head back laughing.

"Let's go in, we've been sitting out in this car for a lil min now." Rico got out and held the car door open for me.

"Terrell actually hit me up and mentioned it to me, he was talkin' about how the fam was actin' weird around you, and that's when I thought about Cydnie's sneaky ass," Rico mentioned as we walked upstairs to our apartment.

I shook my head.

"She better not even think about hitting me up, I actually felt bad for her."

"That's what she's good for manipulating people," Rico grabbed my hands. "Look baby I know I fucked up, I can't take back what I did. I honestly don't know that I be flirting, like it wasn't my intentions to flirt with my co-worker. She complimented my cologne, and I complimented her perfume."

"Which is fine, all you had to do was say thank you and leave it as that. But you had to be extra and add emojis," I rolled my eyes.

"I admit I did go overboard with the emojis, I'm sorry baby." He pecked my hands.

"What about meeting up at lunch? And why did that one girl take a picture of where we live?"

"I promise you it's not just me and her that meet up for lunch, it be more of us. We have a cafe, where a couple of us just link and eat lunch together. And it's a school down the street from where we live my co-worker mentioned she go to college there, so I asked her was it the one near the mountain apartments and she confirmed it. It was honestly nothing to worry about baby,"

"Let me take you out on a date this weekend, I'll make it up to you. I promise we're going to get through this baby. I might've let you walk away the first time we dated, but this time I ain't letting you get away. And I damn sure ain't going no where." He grabbed my face and pecked my lips.

"So, what you say about the date?" He moved my hair out of my face.

I nodded my head. "Of course, this weekend it's a date."