❤️Chapter 19 ❤️

Destiny Taylor

"So what's the plan for Thanksgiving?" I asked my mom while I helped her wash dishes.

"You know the same damn thing we do every year. Mama gon' cook that dry ass turkey, and we gon' have the same lil bit of fam come over."

I held my head down laughing. I honestly get my sense of humor from both parents.

My grandmother definitely know how to throw down in the kitchen, but when it comes down to her cooking a turkey that shit be dry as a desert.

"I know y'all ain't in here talking about my cooking when y'all be the first ones in the kitchen when I'm done cooking." My grandmother came out of no where jumping into our conversation.

"Grandma, where you come from?" My mom and I both exchanged a look no one would understand, but us two.

"Out of my mothers coochie. Where you come from?"

I slapped my hand over my face trying to hold in my laugh.

"That's way TMI grandma." I shook my head at her.

"The hell is TMI?" My grandmother looked at me from the side of her eye.

"Too much Information." I chuckled

"She hear what she wants to hear Des." My mom sat the dish rag down.

"Jackee shut the hell up." My grandmother rolled her eyes at my mother.

"I swear for someone who goes to church faithfully every Sunday sure do cuss a lot." My mom walked out the kitchen.

I bit down on my bottom lip. My mom and my grandmother stay going at it, but at the end of the day they would do anything for each other.

"Ouuuu chile, your mother gets on my last nerve." My grandmother slammed her fist down on the table.

"I'm not in it." I grabbed a can of ginger ale out of the fridge and quickly sashayed to my room.

I quickly changed my clothes when I realized the time which read 7:27 pm.

Jasmine and Justice wanted to go skating. I could've invited Bahja, but Jasmine & Bahja don't like each other anymore. Besides Bahja and I fell off over the summer, she got mad I started hanging with Justice more than her.

Justice is one of my favorite cousins, family comes first.

When we arrived at the skating rink they were blasting Adorn by Miguel.

"How we gon' skate to this slow ass song?" Jasmine asked while she tied her skates.

"You know it don't start getting live until it's almost time to go." I rolled my eyes.

"Forreal. Y'all better hope I don't bust my ass. Des know I can't skate." Justice held on to the wall trying to keep her balance.

"I know one thing your ass bet not make me fall." I playfully mugged Justice.

I haven't skated in so long, I probably fall my damn self.

"Girllll, can we hurry up and get on the floor that nigga right there in the Nike sweatsuit fine as hell." Jasmine quickly stood up.

"Y'all go ahead, I ain't tryna embarrass myself in front of cute guys." Justice sat down with her arms folded and bottom lip poked out like a big kid.