❤️ Chapter 44 ❤️

Destiny Taylor

I have been giving Rico the silent treatment the past week. We never been mad at each other longer than a day. Clearly I had nothing to say to him. We argued so bad the night we left his cousin's house.

Flashback:

"Are you hungry?" Rico asked as we left his cousin house.

"Nope," I popped the P in Nope with an attitude.

"You good?" He looked over at me.

I knocked his hand off my thigh.

"What's your problem?" His eyebrow furrowed.

"Does this sound familiar? Your cologne smells so good. Your perfume smells good too. With extra heart eye emojis." I made myself sound hella dramatic like I was rehearsing for a play.

"Wow, so when you asked to hold my phone you were going through my texts?" He shook his head.

"Rico that's not the point, are you cheating on me? Who the fuck is Justice? And how the fuck does she know where we live?"

"What? Wow Des you know I'd never cheat on you! Justice is my co-worker she goes to school down the street from where we live I can show you! Her going to school there was brought up in one of our conversations and I mentioned that we lived near there."

"Mmm, and what about the flirting with Ashtyn? Why do you feel the need to meet up with her everyday at lunch? And what's the point of adding extra emojis that you didn't have to add. You could've added a simple thank you, but you wanted to be a fucking flirt like I always lowkey knew you were!"

"Destiny, I wish you would believe me right now baby. Ashtyn and I are friends, trust she don't see me in that way and I don't see her in that way either. We don't meet up for lunch..basically it's a cafe we have at work we go to lunch at the same time. It's not what you're thinking."

"Whatever Rico, and you want to explain your messages going from 50 to 45 when you brung your phone back to me?"

"Bruh you really sound insane right now, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Okay play dumb then, I'm not stupid I know what the fuck I saw. Clearly you deleted more messages you didn't want me to see." I folded my arms across my chest and turned my head away from him.

Rico threw his hands up, at this point anything he said I wasn't buying it.

Flashback over

I was still hurt, and it was hard for me to believe anything he said.

Cydnie and I were starting to become close friends. We texted all day long besides when I'm at work.

They had me closing with this cute guy named Lorenzo that kept flirting with me.

He's Puerto Rican and white, he stands about 5'8 with dark brown short wavy hair. I couldn't look him in his almond shaped eyes, so I'd glance over at him every once in awhile.

I jumped as I felt him twirl my hair around his index finger.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"What do you think you're doing?" He mimicked my voice.

"Oh my god Lorenzo, don't start." I bit down on my bottom lip trying to hold in my laugh.

"Oh my god Lorenzo don't start." He bit down on his bottom lip with a smirk.

"You're so annoying." I shook my head laughing.

A homeless guy in a electronic wheelchair with a big ass pit bull who comes in here everyday came towards the register.

I quickly ducked and acted like I was filling in cigarettes so he could go to Lorenzo's register.

"I got you Des, you're cruddy as hell girl." He shook his head laughing.

"Paybacks a bitch, huh?" I smirked.

I hated ringing that guy up he always pick up a lot of shit and then once the items starts adding up he goes "take that off," fuck that I don't have the patience for that shit tonight.

The overnight team was late as always it was 10:01 and my petty ass logged off my register and walked off. If you scheduled me from 2-10 then I get off at 10PM sharp, ain't no relief bih.

"Damn bye to you too Destiny," Lorenzo playfully mean mugged me.

"Bye Lorenzo," I waved goodbye as I walked out of the door.

I sighed as I climbed in the car with Rico. I wanted to be petty in climb in the backseat, but it's already enough tension between us two.

"How was work?" Rico tried to spark conversation.

"Work," I dryly said.

I pulled my phone out reading Cydnie texts.

Since I'm off tomorrow, I decided to be petty and drop Rico off at work tomorrow morning and go out with Cydnie.

"I need the car tomorrow morning, so I'm taking you to work."

Rico head quickly turned my way as we stopped at red light.

"What you need the car for?"

"I have some business to take care of," I tapped my nails on the back of my iPhone.

"What kind of business?"

"Does it really matter? Just know I need the car, I'm taking you to work, and I'll be picking you up."

"Wow Des," Rico let out a soft chuckle.

"Wow what?"

"I just find it funny how you never ask to use the car, now all of a sudden you got some business to take care of."

"Oh well shit happens." I shrugged my shoulders." I just find it funny how Vegas changed you into a male thot all over again."

"A'ight, you taking shit to far now. Go ahead and think whatever you want to think." Rico turned the music up blasting Chris Brown - Loyal.

When we pulled up to our place, I slammed the car door and quickly walked towards our apartment.

Normally I'd wait for Rico so we can walk together, but I honestly ain't have anything to say to him.

As soon as I entered the apartment I freshened myself up for bed. I grabbed my pillows from my side of the bed and grabbed a blanket out of the linen closet and headed straight to the living room.

I could see Rico shaking his head from the side of my eye.

"So you just gon sleep out here?" Rico ran his hand down his face.

I nodded my head.

I got so used to sleeping next to Rico that I felt awkward sleeping by myself. I tossed and turned all through the night barely getting any rest.