❤️Chapter 20 ❤️

Destiny Taylor

"Pass the peas like we used to do." I sung along with mama Payne laughing my ass off while watching reruns of Martin.

"You and that damn show." My mom came barging in my room.

"I need to use your brush to slick my wig down." My mom grabbed my brush off my dresser.

"You and your wigs ma." I shook my head.

"Look ain't nobody got time to be fooling with this natural hair everyday that shit takes up to much time." My mom yelled from the bathroom.

I turned the volume up on my t.v knowing I should be getting dressed.

I knew my family would be coming over soon, and I was to caught up watching Martin.

Watching reruns of your favorite tv show is like eating a bag of chips. You can't just eat one, you have to eat the whole bag.

After watching a few more episodes of Martin, I decided to get dressed.

The last thing I needed was my family to start arriving while I was chilling in my pjs with a bonnet on my head.

They're famous for catching you slipping while you look a hot ass mess.

After I was finished getting dressed I took a selfie.

Even though I wasn't going anywhere I didn't want to feel left out

9 times out of 10 I knew my family would be dressed up.

Later on that day my family crowded around the table while my uncle said a prayer.

My cousin and I cut our eye at each other while my uncle went on and on.

I felt like I was in a whole church service.

All I could think about is that Thanksgiving food.

The smell of that mac and cheese, collard greens, glazed ham, sweet potato pie, stuffing, yams, and corn bread had my stomach growling.

I was lowkey feeling like Martin on that one episode he called hisself going on a diet.