❤️ Chapter 35 ❤️

Rico Carter

Today was my first day starting my job at Cvs. I quit game stop last year and got an overnight job at Cvs. I transferred to a cvs out here in Vegas and I made it clear to them that I couldn't work overnights anymore. Overnights fucked my sleep pattern up something bad.

"You must be Rico?" A short Mexican guy held his hand out for me to shake.

"Yeah that's me."

"I'm Jose, the store manager."

"Nice to meet you man." I followed behind him as he gave me a short tour around the store.

I was surprised at how huge the store is.

After the tour around the store I clocked in and headed towards the front to the register.

A short Spanish girl stood in line with a smirk on her face.

"I can help you over here." I called her over as I logged into my register.

"How are you?" I rung up her cosmetic items.

"I'm great. How are you?" She tucked her hair behind her ear blushing.

"I'm cool. Your total is 34.85."

"Are you new? I never seen you here before." She handed me 40 dollars.

"Yeah." I dryly said as I handed her change and receipt.

After I finished her transaction she stood on the side still trying to hold a conversation with me while I was helping other customers.

A chubby Hispanic guy came over interrupting my conversation with a customer.

"Marielle What the fuck is taking you so long?!" The guy spat, he looked at her and then looked back at me.

"Do you realize my sister is fucking 14 years old? You up in here tryna spit game!" The guy slammed his hands down on the counter.

I gave him a blank look and then busted out laughing. The girl was dressed like a 21 year old. "I wasn't paying your sister any mind. I'm in here doing my job."

"You think this shit is funny? I know where you work. I'll have my crew spark yo ass."

I shook my head at how stupid this man was. He ready to whoop my ass because his sister in here being a thot. What sense do that make?

When I went on break I texted my cousins to let them know I was threatened. I knew they would pull up when I get off in case this nigga try to jump me.

My phone rung as soon as I hit the send button.

"Hey baby." I answered the phone.

"Babe, I miss you." Destiny cooed.

"I miss you more. How was work?"

"It was okay, I think my manager have a crush on me."

"Can you blame him?" I cracked open my bag of chips.

"Are you on break?"

"Yeah. Tell me why this Mexican guy just threatened to jump me cuz his sister was in my face being a lil thot."

"They already starting to drool over you. Please be safe out there baby." I could hear the worrisome in Destiny's voice. "What you work in the hood part of vegas?"

"More like a Mexican hood, all I've been seeing is Spanish people."

"What the hell." Destiny chuckled.

"I have to get out of here, I don't see myself working here long."

"You better start applying to other places, you know I'm quick to do that but I'm only sticking with Walgreens for now so I can transfer to one in Vegas."