Jealousy? (Intro)

Adrien POV

"He is so crushing on you Marinette." Chloe jeered from across the room, waving the torn page.

  I looked up from my science notes. Who had a crush on Marinette?!

"Hey! Give me that!" Nathaniel snatched his book back, leaving the one page with Chloe. It was a sketch of Marinette looking up into Nathaniel's eyes...

I leaned over the table, hunched over slightly. Fists clenched, it took almost everything I had not to growl, jump up, and rip the picture. Glancing behind me, I saw Marinette looking very surprised, as if she thought it impossible for any boy to notice her.

It was really hard not to notice her with her kindness toward everyone... Wait. I thought I was in love with Ladybug. What am I saying? I AM in love with Ladybug! She's so perfect!

Nino nudged me and I became aware of my surroundings. Alya was staring at me, obviously wondering why I was positioned like a wild animal. Oops.

I sat down and turned my attention back to my science notes.

What was wrong with me?

"Hey dude. You ok?" Nino asked concerned, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

What was that all about?

----------------------------------------------

"You can forget Chloe, I need you to protect this girl instead." Ladybug instructed.

My baton vibrated and I looked down at its screen. It was Marinette. And... it was a cute photo...

"Really cute isn't she?" said Ladybug offhandedly.

She read my mind again... I thought happily.

"The Evillustrator is in love with her and promises not to hurt Chloe as long..."

As Ladybug went on, I thought about Marinette. Was it her that made me feel that way today?

Chloe flicked my bell angrily and pointed at her homework.

Gosh, this girl is getting annoying. No wonder Ladybug or Marinette... or anyone else... can't stand her.

I turned her around with a fake smile on my face, immediately dropping it as soon as Chloe wasn't watching.

"What about you?" I asked Ladybug.

"I have... a very secret important mission. Can you handle this by yourself?"

"Of course m'lady. See you soon."

Awhhhh.... she was so purrfect....

----------------------------------------------

"I can't believe I did your geometry homework for you!" Sabrina cried snatching back the folder.

Crouched on the rooftop, I watched as Sabrina walked away, leaving Marinette speechless below. I wanted to comfort Marinette, she looked so guilty. It wasn't her fault that Evil Nathan decided to drop by. Oh! I know exactly what would cheer her up!

I dropped to the ground surprising Marinette. I used what I thought was a charming smile.

"Wo-ho. I thought I was going to have to save you from that girl's claws. Get it? Claws?" I chuckled.

Cat puns cheered everyone up. Especially Ladybug!

Marinette POV

Oh no. Not in civilian form too... Save me someone...

Chat Noir POV

She totally is okay with this. Ladybug should take lessons from her. Flirting is a noble skill after all, I thought, Marinette watching me spring away.

----------------------------------------------

Adrien POV

"Hey." I said closing Marinette's locker.

"Wha!!!!!!!" she freaked, leaping back.

Oops. Startled her. Why is she so scared of me?

"I heard about your adventure with Chat Noir yesterday. Were you scared?"

"Me scared? Pfft it was a dream. I mean you are a dream. I mean in your dreams! Oh, this is a nightmare." she stuttered.

It was a dream? What?

"Okay... so. What did you think of Chat Noir? Was he awesome?"

Please say yes please say yes....

"Yeah, I mean, not as awesome as you of course. I mean who could be your the most awesome of awesome." she looked really uncomfortable.

Okay, I better wrap this up before she passes out or something.

"So that's a... yes?"

I considered it.

Yeah, she was okay with Chat Noir. She's pretty cool.

I patted her shoulder, smiling, and headed to my fencing lesson.

----------------------------------------------

I looked out the window as I thought about Marinette today.

I think that was a yes. Right?

But maybe she just said that because she is scared of Adrien. Would she act different around someone else?

I needed to find out. And unlike most people, I could be someone else.

Tonight, she is going to get a little visit from Chat Noir...

Don't worry, not all chapters are like this. This is just an intro. Oh! And Happy New Year! 🎉🎈🎉

-Katalyne Wibiberg