Caught Falling

Marinette POV

Tikki swooped after me, but there was nothing she could do. I caught her mid air and hugged her close. I neared the rooftops and a flag pole hit my already injured leg. I cried out in pain and prepared for the worst.

"MARINETTE!!!"

Two strong, arms wrapped around me slowing the descent. I buried my head into Chat's chest. When we finally landed on a rooftop I let go and stood on my good leg.

"Thank you Cha... Nathaniel?!" I said shocked.

Instead of Chat in front of me, there was the Evillustrator!

"Marinette! Are you okay?! I went to your home but you weren't there, so I went out to look for you but then you fell from the sky..." he suddenly reached out and hugged me.

I hesitated then hugged him back lightly, only thinking of Adrien.

"I'm okay, I... was flung by the akumatized person."

"Ladybug and Chat Noir didn't save you?" he said eyes wide.

"They... didn't see. Chat Noir... was knocked out... Ladybug pinned."

"Are they okay?"

"Oh, yeah. Ladybug totally beat up the akuma. They're fine. Anyway, what happened to you?" I asked concerned.

"Oh, it doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is that your safe." he said taking my hand.

I blushed a little, recalling Adrien holding my hand earlier that day...

"Is your leg okay?" he said kneeling down, "It looks really bad."

"Uh... It probably should be banaged."

"Here." he drew a quick sketch and a towel apeared.

"Hold this to it while I take you home." he picked me up bridal style.

"O...okay." I said uneasily.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. Using his pre-drawn jet pack he soared above the city of Paris towards my bakery.

-----------------------------------------

Adrien POV

"I know she can take care of herself Plagg... but I'm still worried about her. What if she didn't make it home? What if she collapsed in an alley?"

Plagg rolled his eyes.

"Then she would pick herself back up and walk home. She is a tough girl, you know that. She's fine Adrien."

Before I could reply with more worries he put a paw to my mouth.

"But your Princess may not be." he pointed at the sky were a very familiar villain was taking a cute girl for a joyride.

"Oh my gosh! Marinette! Plagg, claws out!" I cried, ready to avenge my Princess.

----------------------------------------------

Marinette POV

He set me down on my balcony gently, as to not hurt my injured leg.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you to a doctor? That looks like it hurts." he said concerned.

Even though he is a nice guy, I still can't help thinking I belong with Adrien when with him.

"No, I'm fine Nathaniel. I just need some rest. Good night." I smiled.

"Good night Mari, but take this at least."

He whipped his pencil around, and provided me with an ice pack and a scarlet rose.