White Out

Marinette POV

I waited, stroking Tikki softly while trying to convince myself that he would show up tonight.

Unlike the last 15 nights.

Tikki looked up at me worriedly as I gazed out over Paris. It had been two weeks since I had seen Chat. No akumas, no word from him, not even the Ladyblog had reported anything on his position for two weeks. 

"Marinette, I think we should go inside. It's getting cold." Tikki suggested.

"Okay."

I took her inside and sat down at my desk. My walls looked strangely empty without the Adrien posters, which were currently in my drawer. Something in me just couldn't throw them away, no matter how hard I tried. Guess that is what first love does to you.

"Tikki, what could've happened to him?" I whispered.

"I don't know. Maybe a family matter came up or something. Give him some more time Mari."

"I know Tikki, I'm just so worried. It's not like him to just drop off the radar completely. And I'm worried for Adrien too."

"How so?" Tikki asked confused.

"He's been acting so weird lately. Even Nino has started pushing him for answers. He is so quiet, and starts to drift off in class."

"That is weird." Tikki said unhelpfully.

I sighed and laid down on my bed. Gazing up at the stars through my trapdoor's window, I made sure it was unlocked before I fell asleep.

Adrien POV

We sat alone in the dark. Our heart beat matched the arguing voices in our head, fast and uneven.

You can't protect her, he scoffed.

How would you know? I retorted.

You can't protect her when you yourself are the problem.

I can if I stay away from her. 

So we'll be alone for the rest of our life? *laughs* Good luck with that.

I have always been alone...

Since my mom died.

and I couldn't visit Marinette.

He took control, stood up, and paced. Plagg watched me fearfully from the cage he had locked him in. 

"Kid, you need to calm down! Anxiety makes the transformation go faster!" he warned.

"Shut up. I need to think." the akuma said.

I struggled, trying to take the reigns and apologize to Plagg, saying that it was the akuma that said that.

It came out as, "KAumea, ssrewy"

I was a prisoner in my own head. The akuma was growing stronger, taking on my personality so it would go unnoticed by Marinette and my friends.

I... well, the akuma started to laugh at my pathetic attempts.

"Give it up Adrien. You'll never win against me while I have the power of 3 akumas." he snorted.

I growled in anger and gave the dark barrier a hard shove. The blackness, taken by surprise, fell a ways, causing my possessed body to collapse to the ground.

Then the blackness drew back trapping me again.

"You're stronger than I thought. Purrhaps I need more akumas to fully restrain you." He pondered.

That wasn't even a good pun I scoffed.

"Hawk Moth." he called.

 A glowing purple shape appeared over our face.

"Yes Chat Blanc?" 

"I need more energy to restrain him. If I can get one more, I can enable them and become powerful enough to get you Ladybug's miraculous."

"Stay tuned for an attack soon. I have found a victim..."

NO! I won't let you hurt her! I screamed.

He laughed and sat down in the darkness. 

"You don't have a choice."