Miss-Fortune

Adrien POV

I walked into the courtyard after school, hoping to somehow miraculously see Marinette there. I hoped she was okay, not like last night at least. But she hadn't come to school that day so of course she wasn't waiting for me. But a VERY angry Alya was...

"I hope your happy pretty boy!" she said furiously, storming up to me.

"Alya?" I asked confused.

"Marinette is BROKEN because of YOU. And you don't even give a crap about it!" she yelled.

"Broken..? But she seemed fine yesterday..."

"OF COURSE SHE LOOKED FINE. SHE IS ALWAYS PUTTING OTHERS BEFORE HERSELF! EVEN YOU!"

I was dumbstruck as Alya continued ranting.

"SHE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO FEEL BAD SO SHE SMILED INSTEAD OF CRYING. SHE DIDN'T WANT TO HURT YOU BY TELLING YOU SHE FREAKING MADE THE SCARF YOU GOT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY, THE ONE YOU THOUGHT YOU GOT FROM YOUR DAD! SHE DIDN'T TELL YOU HOW SHE DEFENDED YOU WHEN PEOPLE THOUGHT YOU STOLE CHLOE'S BRACELET! SHE DIDN'T TELL YOU..."

"Alya. Stop. It's already done." Nino said calmingly, taking her arm.

"NO!" Alya squirmed but Nino held tight leading her away.

I watched them go, frozen in place. Marinette... she needed my help! No. She needed to get away from me. Wait, she needed to get away from Adrien. Not... Chat.

I ran to an abandoned corner.

"Oh boy, you messed up this time." Plagg said, actually concerned about my life problems for once.

"Plagg, Claws..."

There was a loud crash outside the school and I jumped.

"Shoot, this must be one heck of an akuma." I commented.

"Uh, hello?!" Plagg waved in front of my face.

"Oh yeah! Plagg, claws out!"

--------------------------------------

I lept across the rooftops of Paris, trying to find the source of the trouble... funny. I couldn't find anything that led to the akuma's whereabouts.

I extended my baton when suddenly a very familiar yo-yo pulled me up to a higher building. I tumbled on the shingles but managed to stop before I rolled off the edge.

"Wow, close call m'lady. Nice to see you a... M'lady?"

Instead of the bright red suit with black spots... she was wearing the colors reversed.

She focused her violet eyes on me... violet?

"Chat. I want your miraculous."

"Ladybug! What happened? Are you akumatized?"

"Shut up and give me your miraculous!"

I stepped back, nearly falling off the rooftop.

"I don't want to hurt you... but you're not giving me a choice." Ladybug said evilly.

In the direction of the school a scream was heard. So shrill I immediately knew it was Chloe's.

Ladybug heard it too.

"Chloe." she snarled, as if the very name was an insult. (Which it is to the fandom)

She dove off the building, leaving me alone.

What could've happened that made her that way? Ladybug was so strong, I would've thought it impossible if I hadn't seen her in front of me.

I had to protect Chloe, even though I didn't want to get near her. And I had to stop Ladybug and somehow purify the akuma.