Chat Meets Mari

Marinette POV

"Can you believe it Tikki! Adrien touched my shoulder!"

I spun around, then fell back and bounced on my bed. The pink fabric seemed to mimic my mood, bright and happy.

"I know Mari! It's really exciting. I'm happy for you!" she said sleepily.

"You look tired how about you go to bed early tonight?" I suggested.

"That sounds... great...." she flew off to her special cupboard I made for her. Settling in, she closed her eyes, breathing slowly.

I smiled and picked up my journal, recording everything in exact detail. I didn't want to forget any of it! Even though I'm probably overreacting as Alya would say...

Once I finished, I put it away, making sure it was shut tight. I grabbed my watering can from behind my computer and climbed out my trapdoor to the balcony.

Chat Noir POV

I flipped off of a building, doing a barrel roll and a flip for show, and landed on the rooftop across from Marinette's balcony. I saw her watering her flowers. She looked very distracted. I wonder what she is thinking about.

Well only one way to find out.

I decided to take the long way about, approaching her balcony from the rear. Reaching out with a clawed hand to tap her shoulder, I hesitated. What if I scared her like Adrien does? Maybe this wasn't the best time... I should just, SHOOT.

Marinette turned around, and I ducked behind a small cherry tree, praying that my black suit would blend in with the night...

Marinette POV

I was watering my favorite flowers, the white and red cherry blossoms that my uncle brought from China as a gift to me. I was staring dreamily at them, thinking about Adrien of course when two green eyes suddenly appeared behind them.

"WHAAA!!!" I screamed scrambling backwards.

I tripped on the open trapdoor and fell onto my bed as Chat sprang over the balcony too late to catch me.

Chat Noir POV

"Princess? Marinette are you okay?"

I peered into the trapdoor and stifled a laugh. Marinette was sprawled face first into her mattress.

"Yeah, I'm good. I mean... What were you doing you stupid cat?! I nearly died of a heart attack!" she scrambled backwards as I lightly dropped from the balcony.

"Sorry. I came to talk to you but kinda... anyway. Sorry to scare you." I offered her a hand but she just looked at it.

"Uh... yeah. Talk about what?" she climbed down from her bed and sat down at her desk.

I looked around her room. My eyes were drawn to the pictures on the walls. Was that me? Why did she have pictures of me? Or Adrien.

"Uhh... that sketchy guy that attacked you the other day. Nathaniel I believe?" I turned back to the conversation.

"Oh. Him. Why? Is he back?" she turned in her chair, facing the computer.

"Oh. No he's not, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I said, looking over her shoulder to see what she was up to.

"Yeah, I'm good. He... You know. Akumatized."

"So... uh... does he still like you?"

"I... suppose so. I don't know."

"Do you like him?" I said slyly.

She blushed, "No. But that's none of your business alley cat."

I gave a dramatic gasp, "Princess, I'm offended."

She laughed, "Good. Now you won't be so flirty with me."

I frowned, "I wasn't flirting..."

"Then why are you jealous of Nath and I? Don't you like Ladybug?" she grinned, leaning back in her chair and looking straight up at me. She flicked my nose and I backed away.

"No! I wasn't jealous. I do like Ladybug! I just wanted to make sure the Evillustrator didn't hurt you." I said very protectively.

She smirked, turning around to face me.

Marinette POV

"So... Fan of Agreste huh?" he asked casually, tilting his head.

"What?" I squeaked jerking my head up. The last person on Earth I wanted to know my crush was Chat Noir.

"The fashion designer? You like designing too right? Your sketches here are amazing by the way."

"Oh. Yes. I think he does some really great work. And thank you." I breathed out. He didn't know...

"Only the purr-itiest for Princesses like you." he joked.

I frowned, "That... never mind."

"What?" he asked innocently, as if Ladybug had never told him THOUSANDS of times that his puns weren't funny.

"If I told you, I'd never be rid of you." I teased scratching under his chin.

He closed his eyes and nuzzled into my hand, a purr escaping his throat.

I pulled back my hand, eyes widening. He seemed to notice his mistake and looked embarrassed. I laughed, surprising him.

"I didn't know you could purr, could you do it again?"

Chat Noir POV

I was about to answer but my ring beeped.

"Well. That's my call to go. Maybe some other time Purrincess."

"Oh. Okay. Later Chat." she seemed to hesitate.

I climbed out onto the balcony and was about to leave when Mari opened the trapdoor.

"Chat?"

"Yes Marinette?"

"Will you visit again?" she asked.

I grinned, "Very soon Princess."

And with that I jumped off the balcony.

Marinette POV

He's going to be the death of me...