Absorbing

Marinette POV

I woke to a shrill scream. Tikki jumped up and with a exchanged glance, we joined together.

"Tikki, spots on!!!"

-----------------------------------------

I swung over the final building. I landed hard but my healed leg held up fine. I had missed the akumas strangely. Not only would they let me be Ladybug, they would lead Chat to me. I could finally see him again. 

"Ladybug, I want your miraculous!" 

I looked up to see a new villain. His hand was clamped down over a oversized pocket watch, and his mustache looked strangely like the hands of a clock. 

"I am Timeothy. Now they won't ever get angry at me again for being late, the whole word will revolve around my watch." 

I ran toward him as he demonstrated his power on a nearby dog. The dog slowed to a crawl. He turned as I dodged his clock. Barely missing my foot the blast hit the gravel with no effect. I ducked into an alley to recover when a clawed hand grabbed my shoulder.

Chat Noir/Blanc POV

"Chat!" Ladybug cried hugging me. 

My eyes widened surprised at the caring embrace but Adrien accepted it warmly, turning my mouth in a half smile. Ladybug pulled back and scowled.

"Where were you? You disappeared for a week! Mari's so worried!" she scolded.

I grinned.

"I had some soul searching to do... m'lady..." I said the word slowly, trying to keep Adrien from yelling.

"Soul searching?" Ladybug asked confused.

I walked right past her and started to chase after the akumatized villain. He had an akuma. Once I got the energy from it, I would be strong enough to overcome Adrien Agreste. 

"Timeothy, you have something that doesn't belong to you." I smirked walking up to him. 

Timeothy's smile decreased dramatically and Ladybug watched us closely, confusion all over her face.

Timeothy recovered and threw a time blast but I dodged easily and tackled him. I kicked the watch breaking the chain and took his tie. Ripping it in three a black and purple akuma fluttered out. 

"...Good job Chat, Time to de-evili..."

"CATACLYSM!"

I caught the butterfly with in my fist and absorbed it.

"..ize??? Chat!? Did you just destroy the akuma???" Ladybug stuttered.

I felt the power surge inside me and turned to her.

Ladybug POV

His eyes were glowing green, but flecks of gold were visible momentarily. 

"Yes."

"Chat?... How long have you been doing this?" I asked.

Was this why he was acting so strange??? What were these things doing to him?

"I have caught many." he said shrugging his shoulders, but his eyes looked at me hungrily.

"Chat, I think their changing you! You're not acting normally! Let me help you, please!" I warned, coming closer.

He growled.

I stepped back, eyes wide.

He growled at me. 

Without a word he extended his pole and leaped away.

"Wait! Chat!!!" I cried after him.

I stood alone in the dark.

How could I let this happen?

"Tikki, spots off."

Hey guys! Just wanted to say thanks for all the reads! 1.5k!!!! :D I'm so happy!!!

I can't wait for you guys to read what's coming next.

Cliffhangers galore. Take that karlyruth

(Stay tunned! This is getting good!!!! :D ;)  )

-Katalyne Wibiberg