Chloe and Crutches

Marinette POV

"Mom. Really, I don't think I need them."

"Honey, you can barely walk! Please, just for today?" she begged holding out the crutches.

"... Okay. Just for today." I sighed.

-----------------------------------------

"Can you believe that akuma attack yesterday! I got close up Ladybug footage!!! I mean, it didn't work out for you so well..." Alya pointed at my crutches.

"Oh I'm fine. This is just until I can walk on it anyway." I said, struggling to maneuver the crutches. Why were these things so hard to walk with?

We turned the corner and were welcomed by a very unfriendly sight.

"Marinette. You finally got what you deserve than." Chloe smirked at me.

"Oh shut up Chloe and let us through." Alya demanded.

"Oh, so Ms. Goody goody over here can snuggle up to my Adrien again? I don't think so. Listen here you worthless piece of garbage." she poked me with her finger, "Stay away from Adrien. He's mine. You don't deserve him."

I scowled, "You of all people are the least qualified to say that, Chloe."

She growled and pushed me hard. Unable to walk very well on crutches I fell easily to the floor.

"WHY YOU LITTLE BRAT! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Alya screamed.

Chloe, for once in a lifetime, actually looked terrified for her life. Alya ran after her, after pulling me to my feet.

"BE RIGHT BACK." she yelled over her shoulder.

Adrien POV

I arrived at school in my limo. Stepping out I made my way up to the front entrance of the school. It was a gray, cloudy, day and though it wasn't raining, it certainly would be soon. No more than two steps into the gateway a ditsy blonde threw her arms around me.

"ADRIKINS!" Chloe shrieked, cuddling up to me.

"Uh... hey Chloe." I said pushing her away a little harder than intended.

"Uh-oh. Got to go before that brat catches me but I'll call you later k? Byeeee!" she said running away.

"Where did she go!!!!!!!!! I'm going to kill her!" Alya said running past me.

I watched her look around before turning furiously to me.

"Go help Marinette and I'll kill Chloe!" she ordered.

Too scared to refuse I went to look for Marinette.

Marinette POV

I groaned, slowly picking up the crutch I dropped.

"Marinette! What happened?"

I looked up to see Adrien stooping down to help me up.

"He....hey Adrien... Chloe.... pushed crutch... leg...fell.." I stuttered, his hand were under my arms picking me up.

"Ugh, seriously, Chloe can be so mean sometimes. Here." he handed me my crutch.

"Chat Noir told me what happened with your leg. Are you okay?"

"Yes. My parent's insisted I take crutches for the next week until I can stand on it again."

"Wow, that's some pretty good binding. Who did that?" he asked, pointing to my leg.

"Oh... Chat. Chat helped me." I said shyly.

He smiled slyly, "That's pretty cool. Here let's go to class together. Do you need help up the stairs?"

"Uh... yeah." I stuttered. What was he going to do?

"Here."

I extended my hand towards his but instead he put his arm around my midsection and held my hand.

"Oh you don't have to..." I started.

"Don't want to tire you out." he explained calmly, as if he did this everyday.

I blushed very deeply, unsure of what to say.

When we reached the top he gently let go, but still held my hand loosely.

"Uh... You... Tha... I mean... Thank you." I stuttered, red faced.

Adrien POV

"No problem. Here let me get the door for you."

She walked a little unsteady into the class room. And I helped her up the stairs, one hand on her back.

By the time she sat down she was flushed so hard, Ladybug's suit seemed pink compared to her face. Why did I scare her so much? I didn't feel right about just leaving her on her own to go up the stairs but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Sorry if your uncomfortable Mari, I didn't want to leave you on the stairs." I apologized.

Mari looked shocked, "Oh no! Adrien... it wasn't that I was... I mean..." she stuttered on.

It was kinda funny because I didn't mean to scare her further, but at the same time it was really cute.

I smiled then returned to my seat.

Marinette POV

A minute later a very angry Alya came storming in. She crashed into the seat next to me.

"Alya? What's..."

"Chloe is a git."

"That I can agree on, but calm down. It's over now and besides..." I leaned over to whisper in her ear, "Because she did that something amazing happened."

Alya turned to me curious, "What?"

I whispered into her ear all that had happened.

Alya grinned so big I thought her smile would go right off her face.

"Good for you girl. I can't wait till you get married." she teased.

I blushed and didn't reply.

----------------------------------------------

(After Class)

"Hey Mari, can I walk with you home?" Adrien said holding out a hand.

"Uh.. uh... yeah..." I said, blushing.

I took his hand and stood on my good leg. He smiled at me, till interrupted by a brat.

"Adrikins! You don't have to go with her! Alya can help her. Here, well go together." Chole broke apart our hands and put her arms around him.

"You know Chloe I'd rather go with Mari." Adrien said disgusted, and took her arms off of him.

"Adrikins? What do you mean?" Chloe asked shocked.

"I mean I'd rather be with Mari than you."

Adrien took my hand and lead me out past a shocked Chloe and Sabrina. As I left, Chloe scowled so deeply at me, I almost found it funny.

We left the classroom and Adrien walked next to me.

"There, now we are out of her company. Thank goodness." Adrien said looking back.

"Uh... Adrien? I just wanted to say thank you. That... Was amazing."

"No problem Marinette. We're friends after all right?" He smiled at me, green eyes flashing.

"Yeah... We are." I said, blushing.

But I wish we were more...