MariChat?

Marinette POV

A week later, I drew in a cold breath of night air, letting inspiration take me. I was seated on my balcony, sketching a dress I think would look nice on Alya. My leg had mostly healed, at least enough that I could walk. I had finished the trimming when small tiger lily petals drifted onto my sketchpad. I looked up to see Chat, who was smiling broadly, dropping petals slowly. I grinned.

"Hey Chat. Pretty flowers by the way."

"Here, I got them for you."

He swung down, then sitting gently next to me, handed me a bouquet of roses, tiger lilies, dragon snaps, and more exotic flowers. Leaning in, I took a deep breath of fragrance perfume.

"Thank you Chat. They're beautiful!"

"Like you." he said with a wink.

I laughed then led him down the trapdoor.

Chat Noir POV

I was trying (and failing) to win one round of a video game against Marinette, who was seated on my lap, as we had been doing for the last week since Marinette's injury. As we played in the dark, I thought about my twisted love life. Ladybug was still my love, but somehow she seemed farther and nearer from my reach. Marinette was right here. She was here for me. I haven't seen Ladybug in a week. Not that it was her fault. She probably had something really important, like a family emergency or something.

Marinette won again, and and I sighed in defeat.

"Oh, don't be sad Chat, its just a game. Here, this round I'll play you with one hand behind my back, so it's fair." she said winking.

Her attitude was contagious and I felt myself perk up.

"Okay, but if I win this round, I get a kiss." I challenged.

She paused, thinking.

"Unless your too scared to risk it..." I teased.

"Oh! Your on!" she grinned.

----------------------------------

"I'm up by twenty points!" I notified Marinette proudly, clicking random buttons on the remote.

"Unless I do this!" Marinette pressed a trigger activating her power-up and boosting her score rapidly.

"Marinette wins." the computer stated, followed by a victory cry from Marinette.

She sprung up and danced around the room.

"Princess! Your going to hurt your leg again!" I picked her up and she pouted.

"I was enjoying my victory silly kitty." she teased tapping my nose.

I laughed and swung Marinette around to my back.

"Chat! What are you doing?" she asked laughing.

I climbed her bed with a broad smile before pulling us onto her balcony floor.

"I have to go soon, but before I did I wanted to hang out up here." I explained, setting her down on a lawn chair.

I sat down next to her and looked at her.

She smiled and leaned back, looking at the stars. I looked up too, but then rested my gaze back on her. Her eyes reflected the sky, beautifully mirroring the sparkling stars above in a pool of bluebell irises...

"What?" she asked curiously, catching me looking at her.

"I... I was just thinking about Ladybug. I haven't seen her lately..."

"I think she is just busy. And there hasn't been an akuma attack lately too so..."

"I know, and she can take care of herself but I'm just worried." I sighed.

"You're a good person Chat." Marinette said smiling. She's really pretty when she smiles...

Without thinking, I reached up and brushed aside a strand of hair that was in her face. Ever so slowly I leaned forward. Catching on, she leaned forward as well. We were face to face, eyes half closed. Her breath lightly brushed my face, as I was sure mine was to her. My clawed hand rested on her neck, and we finally made contact.

I was swept away in my first kiss ever. (As far as he knows ;) ) Her lips were a sweet flavor no pastry could ever even hope to match. I swear sparks flew between us as I started to deepen the kiss...

Marinette pulled back quite suddenly, making my mouth feel cold.

"Princess?" I asked confused.

"Chat... I can't." she looked heartbroken just saying it.

"Why?"

"I... I know how you feel about Ladybug. Just like how I feel about Adrien. I don't want to use you as a replacement."

I hunched over, understanding, but still disappointed.

"Chat."

She took my hand gently and hugged me.

"I do like you, but I like Adrien too. I... I just need some time to sort this out. I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's fine princess. I get it. Its the same with Ladybug and you. I don't want to use you as a replacement either. I guess I'm just afraid Ladybug will never feel the same way about me that I do to her."

"You might be surprised kitty. Give it a try."

"Thanks Marinette."

"Thank you Chat."

I cuddled with her under the stars, and wondered if Adrien might be brave enough to give this a try...