Falling into Darkness

Marinette POV

Tikki woke me up by nudging my nose.

"Ugh... wha ime sss iit." I said yawning.

"Marinette! It's a half hour past the first bell!"

"Oh no! I'm late!" I jumped out of bed quickly throwing my jacket and backpack on the bed as I pulled on my shoes.

I grabbed my hair bands, quickly doing my hair in the usual way. I turned toward the trapdoor only to see my ruined dress lying on the floor.

I winced as the memories of last night came to mind. Chloe, my class, and... Adrien...

"Marinette! School!" Tikki reminded.

"Right! School!"

---------------------------------------

"Marinette, if you don't stop sleeping in, we are going to have to start taking away these parties and free time. This is the fourth time in a row!" my dad scolded.

"I know, and I'm sorry dad. I couldn't sleep last night."

"Okay, but not one more tardy for the month. Or I will be forced to ground you from these social activities."

"Yes papa."

I walked into school repeating my conversation with my father. He had caught me trying to sneak out to school this morning, so naturally, a lecture made me later.

I opened the door and snuck into my seat next to Alya.

"Girl, you look terrible." Alya noted, scooting closer to me.

"I didn't get much sleep last night." I said, yawning again.

"No kidding. Are you alright after..."

"Yeah, I'm fine Alya."

Alya looked like she wanted to say more but my expression told her I wasn't ready to talk right now.

Adrien POV

I watched Marinette start to doze off during the lesson. I felt bad. I couldn't find her after she left the party and I felt partly responsible for her lack of energy.

I took notes on the lesson on two pages of paper, planning to give one set to Mari after class. At least that way I could help her get some rest.

She... She looked cute when she slept...

What? What am I saying? LADYBUG

I bet Ladybug looks cute when she sleeps too...

UGH.

I hate my life.

Marinette POV

I was dreaming about my yo-yo. It was so weird. I was just swinging over the city, then I was sitting on a rooftop inspecting my weapon. Why did it have to have 5 spots? Why not 6?

I cried out as a sharp pain made me jump up. I looked around to discover my classmates looking at me like I was crazy. I blushed and crouched over my tablet again. Glancing down, I saw Tikki waving her arms. 

'Wake up!' she mouthed.

I muttered a thanks and looked up. There was a small pile of papers on my desk. I picked up a post-it note and read the note.

'Thought you could use the rest so I took notes for you.

-Adrien'

I looked up to see Adrien wink at me. I smiled and mouthed thank you. He smiled.