Chapter Eight

SHIT.

"I-i.." I was stuttered. "i can explain" i told him.

He raised his eyebrows and laughed when he saw me how nervous i was.

"I didn't think that u have my dad's phone number" He laughed.

"He hates me but it's okay if he loves you. Anyway, are u that impatient for our marriage? You even asummed him as your own dad"

I blinked several times, showing how speechless and shocked i was.

He doesn't have any idea about the truth behind all of these. He got a pure and innocent mind.

I pretended that i was shy because he knows.

I went home in relief and dad saw it. "I can see someone is happy" Dad commented.

"I will go upstairs first" I smiled and went to my room. I lied down on the bed and covered my face.

"THAT WAS CLOSE!" I shouted and i swear, i wanted to cry but i didn't.

"I should take a bath and calm down" I said to myself and took a warm and relaxing bath.

I went downstairs to see dad was serving dishes on the table and sat down. We began to eat together, while watching the night news.

Dad wasn't talkative like before, he just be quiet and i realised that his face impression changed.

"Dad? Are u okay?" i asked.

"Hm? Yeah, im okay. why?" he looked at me and gave a warm smile.

"I can tell, there's something wrong just by looking at your face" I sighed

"It's nothing, i promise" he laughed but i didn't.

"Do not lie" I scowled and just looked at my food. "Im finished" I stood up and gestured to walk away but he stopped me.

"Okay, i will tell you" Dad sighed. I sat down and waited for him to speak.

"It's just, im having a bit problem with our company and im afraid that i can't solve it"

"Even there's no company, i told you that we will always be together"

"Thank you but.."

"But?"

"Dont take me wrong, but i will try until the end, because i want to show everyone around me that i can do better" He smiled weakly and ate the last spoon of his dinner then stood up.

"You have school tomorrow, dont stay up too late" Dad walked pass me as he patted my head and went to wash his plate and glass.

I was bothered by what dad said, i can't sleep and watched a movie late night. I lied on the couch and watched a movie in the dark, make me remembered the moment i hang out with Jungkook in his private cinema.

Dad said that he wants to show everyone he can do better, im afraid that he wont accept the fact that Mr Jeon will help him.

Without realising, i fell asleep right there.

"Eunjae sweetheart, wake up. Why did u sleep here?" Dad shook me to wake up.

"I was watching a movie and fell asleepy" i laughed while yawning.

"Jungkook called you, around 4a.m on your phone" Dad said.

"so early? What does he wants?" i asked and Dad just shrugged.

I called him back while making my way to my bedroom to get ready for school.

"Why did u call me early in the morning?" I asked.

"It's nothing. I accidentally dialed your number" He chuckled.

Accidentally? but it's three missed calls, which i dont think it's an accident.

"Why your voice sounds weird? Did u cry?" i asked.

"No i didn't. I just woke up, that's why. Oh and today i will be late for school, so dont wait for me and just go first. Got to go, see u later at school"

He ended the call before i can say anything.

"What's the matter with him?" i asked myself and shrugged the negative thinkings then took a quick bath. I wore my uniform, combed my hair and wore my bag.

"Goodbye dad" I bod my goodbye to dad and wore my shoes then stepped out frol the house.

As he said, he came late to school. We met up during lunch break.

"Your eyes" My eyes grew bigger and touched his left eye slowly as he winced a bit. There's a bruise and a small cut. Thank god, there's nothing problem with his eye.

"Sorry" I muttered. "What happened?"
"I tripped" He grinned.

"Nice try, dont lie at me" i sighed and brought him to the infirmary. I put some medicine and blew several times while he was sitting on the chair.

"Your breath smells mint" he laughed.
I covered my mouth and in shame. "I didn't say that your breath smells stink, why are u covering your mouth?" he asked weirdly.

"O-oh" I removed my hand slowly and continued treating his injury.

I looked carefully to the bruise, so i wont put the medicine into his eyes because it was too near with the eye. He kept looking at me which make me blush.

"I wonder..." Jungkook said and pulled me by put a hand behind my head.