1. The one where everyone is clueless

Jacob's pov:
Seattle 5am.

It's 5am in the morning, I hardly got any sleep last night like all the other nights. I hear my alarm clock...I don't know why do I even keep alarm clocks when they are of no use for me.

I get up, freshen up and go to the gym for my morning routine. I start running on the treadmill when my phone starts ringing... its my Grandfather, I choose to decline his call. My grandfather doesn't like me and I don't really have any sort of love as well towards him. We have our own sort of relationship which nobody understands.

Mr. David Miller is my grandfather the Director of DM groups which is the number one in the country with our huge business in luxurious hotel, malls and clubs. My grandfather asked me to handle the luxurious hotel business in Seattle. We are number one in malls and clubs business but Hotel is still new for us. I have been working day and night to take this business ahead but something or the other comes and it doesn't let me move ahead.

I take a shower get ready and go to the dining area of my apartment for my breakfast. My caretaker Ms. Julia is a 40 year old asian divorcee woman. She has been my caretaker from last 5 years and does all the necessary work to make this place look like a home. She's here Monday to Friday whenever I am not home.

I start reading today's newspaper and eat the delicious French toast and black tea. When my phone rings... too many calls in one morning... it's my lawyer and best friend Austin. What does he want this early morning? I choose to eat my breakfast in silence and don't pick up. After sometime it rings again. I keep my fork down and finally pick up,
"What Austin? Can I have my breakfast in silence please? The next thing he says makes me get up, speed up towards my car and leave for the office.

Mia's pov:
6:30am

*phone rings* shhh stop ringing. *phone rings* again,
I open my eyes check the time and its still 6:30am who wants to ruin my 30mins of sleep. I have to get up at 7am why does this stupid person has to call me now. I see my phone, oh god... I called my mom stupid, sorry mom.

I sit up, take a deep breath and *yawn* I think I should sleep for another... *phone rings* oh god what if something.... I should pick up,
"Hello? Ma?"
"Mi, I have been calling you again and again why aren't you picking up?" I keep the phone away from my ears because she's shouting so loudly.
"Miaaaaaaa..??" Shouts again.
Oh god "Ma have you checked the time? It's 6:30am in the morning can't you let your daughter sleep in peace?"
"Tomorrow is the weekend you have to come and meet us." She doesn't usually miss me so much something is fishy.
Before I could ask she says again "Your father's friend and his son are invited for dinner tomorrow. Everyone in their family are doctors... so I and your father would like you to meet him." There it is, now I know why she misses me so much because she wants me to meet that doctor. It's my mother's dream to get me married as soon as possible. Although she lives here, she's actually half Indian and those cultural norms of getting your daughter early is stuck in her mind. She's fine with me getting married to anybody unless they're simple but preferably doctors.

"Mia? Are you listening? And no excuses you have to come. If you don't come I and your father wouldn't talk to you." We won't talk to you threat again. Ma do you really think that works?
My mom continues talking "I am making your favourite lasagna." She knows how to tempt me she knows I love that.
"Argh, fine ma! I Would be there by tomorrow. I have to finish some work at school first so I'll see you at dinner." My mother was about to oppose "Don't worry ma I promise I'll be there."
I hear her taking a deep breath "Fine Mi, I really hope things work out for you tomorrow." My mother says excitedly.
"Me too ma me too. Anyway I have to get ready for school so I will talk to you later. Bye ma love you."
"Love you too mi and be on time tomorrow bye." Sure ma.