15. Love worth fighting for

Jacob's pov:
Mia puts her hand on my cheek and closes her eyes but forcefully tries to be in her senses, "should we... just do that then?.... but we are not supposed to do that." She can no longer stay awake and now passes out on the sofa. I pick her up and tuck her inside her bed.

I sit on her bed and just stare at her sleeping figure. You beautiful human being, I know my world is just too difficult but maybe we can fight it off together and just maybe lead a happy life. The feeling of having you around me is surreal and calming. To have you besides me... makes me forget the world I come from and takes me to a different world... world where it's just you and me and maybe we could live like this forever.

I sound cheesy... more cheesy than the romantic comedy heroes. I should probably leave... I caress her cheek one more time and kiss her on the forehead and smile at her. I know this has been affecting you so much... I don't get drunk but get myself busy into something and distract myself but it's equally hurtful for me Mia but I hope you accept my offer and we could work this out.

I leave her apartment quietly and get to my office and involve myself into my work again with a happy thought about our happy ending.

Mia's pov:
Phone rings* continues ringing
What the hell is this noise... It must be my stupid phone. It rings again and I sleepily try and take it from my bedside table but can't find it.... I then realize it's in my pocket so I take it out and directly pick it up.
"Mimi, how was last night? What happened? Give me details?" It's Annie!
"Shhh... you're too loud, I'll call you later."
With that I cut my phone off and try to sleep again but can't.

I open my phone to check if I have any messages and see Jacob's name... Jacob.... I freak out and sit straight up. He was here.... he picked me up from the bar and then we talked about something but... Suddenly my door bell rings... I check the time and it's 8am in the morning. Who's here this early?

I go to my door and open it and to my absolute shock it's Jacob... I close my door in a hurry and go to my dressing table mirror. Oh my god! I look like a mess and I am still wearing clothes from last night and he knows that... on top of that I have drool on the side of my mouth and I immediately start to freak out that he saw me like this.

My phone rings and I see his name flashing on my phone, I pick it up in embarrassment and I hear him laughing on the other side, "you haven't even washed your face yet. I am waiting outside, freshen up and come fast... we'll have breakfast together." I only manage to say okay out of my mouth and rush to get ready.

I wear a bottle green jumpsuit and dry my wet hair with hairdryer. I take my purse and run outside and see Jacob waiting near his car. When I get down he smiles at me in amusement and I just don't look him in the eye and silently sit in his car.

He starts his car and I buckle up my seat belt and suddenly get a flashback about last night.
"The problem starts here...with your rich car."
I stare at him who's wearing his sunglasses and driving happily. He even starts whistling and when the signal comes, he finally realizes that I am staring him.
"You ok?" He asks me and I just nod and look away. He seems happy... that means I haven't made him upset because of my actions from last night.

I have a little headache and a hangover and feel tired. We reach at this cute little cafe... I was expecting him to take me to his restaurant but to my surprise he takes me to this cafe and my mood immediately lifts up a little. He takes my hand and takes me to our table... I didn't know Seattle has places like this. Makes me feel like I am in some European place from one of my saved pins on Pinterest.

He orders stuff for both of us but I don't even hear them because I am too busy admiring the cafe. "Mia" Jacob calls out for me.
"Why have you been so quiet?"
"It's just... I have a headache." I tell him in embarrassment.
He takes out something from his pocket, an asprin, "Take this after breakfast and I have also ordered some hot coffee for you so that would really help you with the headache." He tells me sweetly and I smile at his care.
But a minute later the sweetness disappears and he becomes all angry and the usual 'Jacob Miller', "Don't you ever drink like that again and especially not with guys other than..." he abruptly stops and stares at me.
"Do you remember anything from last night?" I am about to say something when our breakfast is served.