14. Follow me until the end?

Mia's pov:
I stand in my balcony with my mandatory morning coffee especially on a day like this one and take a deep breath. It's Sunday which means the day I'll meet Jacob's grandfather,which means the mystery will be finally solved. I searched him online all these months and even tried to recognize him somehow but his last public photograph was from when he was in his 50's. He stopped making public appearances and even stopped going to his office after that. I even read an article which said he took this step to spend time with his wife as in Jacob's grandmother and I felt so happy and it melted my heart. I want to believe that this media report is true.

I hear my phone ringing and get inside my apartment. When I see who's calling it's Jacob and a smile immediately comes on my face.
"Mia, just thought to check up on you and reconfirm about this evening."
"Jacob, yeah I am coming... I think it's really time this mystery should unfold."
The phone goes quiet and I check if the phone call is still going on, "Jacob?"
"Umm... Mia, this evening there'll be a lot of people. My mother, Kyle and his family, few of my other relatives and business associates." He regrets asking me to come for sure and I start to feel a little low thinking about it but he surprises me with his next sentence instead.
"I'll try and be by your side but Austin will be with you all the time and it might get a little boring but please try and go through it for one evening for me. I really want you to come." The low feeling disappears and I feel this sudden happiness inside me, he was worried I'll be bored and not that he has to introduce me to the people of his world. He doesn't even sound 1% nervous about it.
"Don't worry Jacob, I'll go through this boring event of yours and maybe this time you kissing me as a punishment won't be bad at all." He starts laughing loudly.
"Mia Anderson sure has changed." He laughs a little more and I laugh too. We decide the time to meet and keep the phone.

Later in the afternoon Annie comes with a huge bag in her hand. She got some heels and her makeup bag for me. She also brought some hair related machines and she's going to get me ready like it's my wedding day and make Amy cry with my appearance. I laugh at her exaggerating descriptions. We laugh like that all afternoon but she also does a pretty good job at getting me ready. I am wearing a white cocktail sleeveless dress and a bit of heavy makeup this time because Annie said this dress really asks for that much makeup. I wear white sandal heels with it and they go really well but since I am not used to it, I get a little uncomfortablel.
"Just for this evening mimi, bear them for one evening." I nod and even though my legs start to pain already I decide to let it be and just do it.

Annie has given my straight brunette hair some wavy curls and they look really nice like that. I am also wearing small diamond earrings that my mom gifted me when I became a teacher. I hope Jacob likes my look. I now stand in front of my dressing table mirror and both Annie and I stare at my reflection. "Oh my god Mia! You look beautiful... I am so proud of the work I have done on you and your dress choice is so good." I happily smile at her and look at my reflection... I hope this evening goes well.

Annie gives me a White Silk Jacket to carry on my shoulders in case I feel cold at the event and a little clutch to keep my phone and lipstick. I get downstairs at the time Jacob told me he'll pick me up. When I get down there's Jacob's BMW waiting for me but instead of Jacob I see a driver waiting for me.
I open my phone immediately and see Jacob's text, "Sorry, couldn't come to pick you up but I am waiting for you at the event." I sigh and smile at the driver who opens the passenger door for me and nervously sit in the car.

Jacob's pov:
"Sorry, I had to stop you from going. The clients are really important to our company. We have many joint projects with them so it was important for you to talk to them. Your grandfather or his son aren't in sight and I know you can handle them well." I nod to whatever my mom talked about but I knew why she stopped me. She's trying to make me talk to every important person for the company and indirectly trying to tell them that I am going to takeover the company soon.