11. My perfectly not so perfect fit

Mia's pov:
I return back home from school in the evening and enter inside my apartment but my home doesn't feel like home anymore. It keeps reminding me of Jacob's apartment and memories we shared there. My phone rings in my bag, I take it out and it's Jacob.. think of the devil. I pick it up and instead of saying hello he directly says if I could come have breakfast tomorrow morning with him at the hotel because it's Sunday.
"Do I have to come there? Can't we go to some simple local place?" I tell him trying not to sound irritated but I am.
"I want to have the best and special meal with you which I can easily arrange here at my hotel so please agree to come. I rushed to your school to see you, can't you do this simple thing for me?" Couple start to seem alike is definitely true because he has picked up my habit of emotionally blackmailing others.
"Fine, I'll be there with a huge sign of your name so people can find out about us."
"Great! I am busy now so bye." Before I could say anything he just cuts off call. What the... who does that? And he didn't even respond to my poor attempt of joking come threatening.

Next morning I reach there on time but as usual I don't see him at the place we decided to meet. I go to the lobby waiting area and sit on one of the sofas and look through my phone just to pass some time until he comes. I am looking through some baby videos on Instagram when I hear a lady calling out my name, "Mia Anderson." I look up from my phone to see a middle aged lady calling out to me. She looks poised and sophisticated in her attire but why does she look a bit familiar.
"Umm... Can I help you?" I ask her uncertainly and stand up.
"We had briefly met on the DM company's classical music event. You were there with Jacob Miller, my nephew." Oh she is Jacob's aunt.
"You're Jacob's aunt..I am sorry for not recognising you sooner."
"I know you both met because of my father in law but I want you to know something that both Jacob and his grandfather have kept hidden from you. They haven't told you about Kyle." She tells me angrily and is about to add up more when Jacob interrupts our conversation.

"What possibly do you have to say to my guest?" He directly asks her rudely just like the last time and doesn't greet her. I am taken aback my his rudeness towards her.

"Your aunt cannot even chat with your girlfriend?" She asks him and I look away not really sure as to why do they behave this way with each other.

"No, you have no right to talk to her so please leave." My eyes widen in shock with the way he's talking to his aunt. I hit him lightly with my elbow on his stomach but he doesn't budge and still looks at his aunt angrily.

But his aunt isn't as shock as I am... she turns to me and says, "You're dating the wrong person." With that she leaves. I turn to Jacob for an explanation but he doesn't say anything and drags me to his restaurant for breakfast.

We take the elevator to go to his restaurant.. he doesn't say a word to me. I want to scold him but I do the exact opposite. I hold is hand softly and he looks at me now with a hint of guilt on his face. "It's complicated with my family. Sorry you had to see all that." He whispers to me.
"I am starving, what are we having for breakfast?" I immediately change the topic and he smiles thanking me silently for not asking anything further.

He takes me to the window table of the restaurant and has already prepared all the dishes for us. Scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, pancakes and many more dishes. We start eating and enjoying ourselves forgetting the previous encounter with his aunt. He seems relaxed as well, "I don't see my sign board, how are you planning on to telling everybody about us?" He is teasing me and my poor joking attempts.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughs when we are interrupted by a middle aged man.
Jacob is the first one to talk, "Mr.Ben, anything urgent?"
Mr. Ben masks his surprised reaction to a serious one. "Sorry for interrupting your breakfast but there are some important documents which needs your signature urgently." Oh god! Can't you let my man eat peacefully... did i just call him my man, stupid me! I face palm myself and both of them look at me weirdly and Jacob shakes his head a little in amusement.
"Mia, you continue eating, I'll be back in sometime."
"I can leave if you're busy. I am anyways done eating."
He rolls his eyes, "You have hardly eaten anything. Give me ten minutes I'll be back." I don't reply back but nod helplessly. Mr.Ben smiles at me one last time and leaves with Jacob.