6. A treasured memory

Mia's pov:
The restaurant starts emptying since it's getting late but I don't feel like waking him up. He looks so peaceful sleeping like this on my shoulder. Hearing how tough things were for him yesterday, I feel like hugging him tightly and telling him that everything is okay. I am really thankful to god for keeping him safe. I just stare and smile.

An hour later his phone rings and I groan a little because it wakes him up. He doesn't respond to the phone but looks at me, "How long was I asleep?"
"Not much only an hour." I tell him.
"You should have woken me up."
"How much sleep are you getting these days?"
"I slept only two hours since last two days." He tells me scratching his head awkwardly.
"Counting tonight?" I ask him and he nods.

We finally leave the restaurant and he drives me back home. When we reach back I get down from his car and he gets down as well.
"Give me your phone.." I tell him.
He gives me his phone and I put the phone on silent mode. "If you want me to forgive you for making me wait then do not use your phone tonight or work at all. Sleep for seven hours straight and wake up fresh tomorrow." I scold him like I scold my students and he smiles. I forgave him the minute he told me his reasons but this blackmailing was important.
"That's not possible."
"You want me to stay mad at you and not talk to you?" He shakes his head in denial.
"Okay ma'am, I will sleep tonight for your sake and for my sake." I smile at him and ask him to leave first.
He is about to leave when he steps back and come towards me and hugs me. "I am sorry for making you wait so long."
I hug him back tightly, "I am sorry for what you had to go through in last few days. Everything is okay Jacob." He hugs me even tight and its like he is showing me the real him in my arms. He's not a tough businessman right now but a sweet little child in my arms.

We finally let each other go, "Sleep tonight or I won't forgive you." He nods and leaves. After he's gone I too step inside my building and go towards my apartment finally feeling relieved that we are okay.

Jacob's pov:
I have always been Self independent and always try to show how strong I am, I never needed someone to console me or to make me feel better when I am upset. But she brought out the real me, her words were so soothing that I wanted to stay right there in her arms for a longer time.
Even though I am the first one who is falling for her and I know we cannot continue this after five or should I say four months. Seeing how dangerous things have started occurring around me and if grandfather really does ask me to take over the business in a year, there are chances our rivals and enemies will create more such issues. I can put myself into danger but not her.

I reach home and take a shower to freshen up. I come out and change and I am about to go to my study when the promise I made to her replays in my mind. So instead of going to the study, I go to my bed and for the first time in months I try to sleep this early.
I lie down and remember how I slept on her shoulders so quickly. It felt like the best place to sleep on, my mind was so peaceful and stressfree around her that I fell asleep so quickly. Seeing her makes all my stress go away. I take a pillow and think of it as her and drift off.

Next morning after sleeping for seven hours straight how she said, I am so energized and so fresh. I really needed this since a long time. For the first time it wasn't a bad dream.... about that incident but a good dream with Mia in it.

I reach office on time and smile at my staff. "Good morning everyone. Good to see everyone so fresh and good. Let's forget about everything that happened yesterday and work hard okay?" They all stare at me as if I am speaking in some alien language but nod anyways.
We start working for our two main projects and I thank Mia in my mind for giving me this energy to work hard. After the meeting I go back to my office and check some meeting schedules when I realize its fifth of May next week. I sigh and call my mother and ask her to meet me tonight.