13. The world of money and selfishness

Mia's pov:
I am too shocked but I recover and stop Jacob before he can do anything further. "Jacob, what is the matter with you? Why did you punch him?" I look at Kyle and see blood on the side of his lip. I leave Jacob and immediately remove a tissue from my purse to help wipe that when Jacob doesn't let me and takes me away. I sigh in defeat and look back at Kyle who is still standing there and watching us blankly.

I stop Jacob a few meters away from Kyle. "Is this jealousy? Because you're crossing your line Jacob... punching somebody is too much, he can file a complaint against you right now if he wants to but he's still standing there like a good person and didn't say or do anything back to you."
Jacob scoffs, "Good person? He's my cousin I told you about remember? He's not being a good person, he's just using you to find out more about our grandfather's will, his parents must have asked him to do that because I hid it from him... for my own reasons." He confesses it to me I get shocked and furious and look at Kyle with anger rising inside me.

I go towards him and this time I am about to punch him when Jacob picks me up from my waist and stops me. I angrily get away from Jacob as well. Both Jacob and Kyle stand side by side and are now looking at me with fear clearly shown on their faces. "Both of you get the hell out of here right now."
Jacob now gets even more scared, "Mia, what did I do?"
"You should have told me the whole story about Kyle and how he is a part of the will as well since the beginning and you Kyle, I thought you're genuinely being nice to me but you were just using me. Something is wrong in this family, I mean stop thinking about everything from the perspective of money because you're hurting people around you with that motive. Stop chasing your grandfather's will and money and be thankful for what you both already have."

I point my finger towards Kyle and Jacob, "You, I am guessing you look after the mall business and you Jacob have a beautiful hotel business then why are you both running behind this will and hurting me in this process. Stop treating me like I am some object PLEASE." I yell the last part loudly and just leave both of them and go home.

I hear footsteps behind me and immediately see Jacob walking besides me. "Mia, I am sorry..." I abruptly stop and stare at him, "Are you Jacob? Are you really sorry?"
"It's not my fault that my grandfather put you in the will and how does me hiding about Kyle matter to you and us and the relationship we have developed? Why are you mad at me? Did you want him to be a part of all this too?" I close my eyes in irritation.

"You still don't get it, it's not about the will at all Jacob... you should have been honest with me. I didn't want Kyle to be part of any of this but your honesty would have been really nice, it would have saved me from accepting all the money he donated today out of his selfishness. The orphanage is so happy that I can't even get it back anymore but it's the money that came out of somebody's personal motive and not their heart and genuineness." He looks at me with guilt and then looks away.

"Four months of us being together and the will still always comes in the picture.... it's like you still don't know me. You should leave and let's stick to the schedule and finish this off for the sake of it. I am tired of all these complications." With that I leave without even turning back or looking at him.

I get home and immediately lie down on my bed.. I feel mentally tired with all this drama. Here I am wanting to have "more" whereas his heart is still stuck on the will. You always think the world is nice and there's still good left in people but in the end it's always their selfishness and nobody is nice enough. Both Kyle and Jacob acted so selfishly and for their motive. I feel upset but I am so tired mentally and physically that I just sleep right there.

Jacob's pov:
I stare at Mia's window and see the lights on. I don't feel so good leaving from here on that note. I don't care about the will at all Mia but I really can't ask you to continue this for your own safety. Kyle stands besides me, "You really do like this girl to follow her and trying to mend things with her. The Jacob I knew didn't care about anybody but himself."