9. Life of my dreams

Jacob's pov:

Clinging on to Mia... aren't you Jacob? Begging her to stay for one more day? Why am I being so clingy? Because... For just a day I wanted to feel what is it like to come home to someone! To rush home to be with someone... to live the life of my dream for just one more day. Coming home to her delicious cooking... coming home to her hugs and kisses... coming home to sleep besides her and cuddle with her. I challenged her not to fall for me yet I am the one who is falling for her.

"Sir, your grandfather has arrived." Mr. Ben gets me out of my thoughts.
We are currently at my office and my grandfather wanted to talk to me urgently so he set up a meeting at my office.
He takes a seat opposite to mine,
"I would have come to you.. why did you set up a meeting here?"
"Kyle and your aunt uncle are staying at my house today so it wouldn't have been possible for us to talk freely."
"You mean DM shares suddenly going up like they have never before. Do you think something's off too?"
"Yes and I don't want to put unnecessary blame on anyone." Blames?
"I want you to look into this matter with Ben here and inform me about it. If someone is doing something behind our backs they are in real trouble." My grandfather has been a really tough boss.... just because he doesn't visit the office anymore doesn't mean he wouldn't kick their asses.

"The bomb situation? What did your board of directors say? You had a meeting here last week I heard." I stare at Mr. Ben who looks away in embarrassment.

"They were quite shocked that something like that could happen in a hotel like ours. Few of them wanted nothing to do with the hotel but I convinced them that nothing like that would happen again." He nods and drinks some water.

He doesn't say anything further but shifts the conversation to casual.
"How are things with Mia?" I smile at her mention and it immediately makes my grandfather smile too.
"It's going.... well."
"In all these years I have never seen you smile like that for a girl. Not even that girlfriend of yours from school... Emma?"
"No Amy." Ben corrects him and I stare at both of them in amusement.
"Well we have still few more months to see how things go." He tells me.
"How do you know her? What is your relationship with her?" He smiles and doesn't answer me. He stands up, I stand up too.
"Take care of what I have asked you to.... I trust you." I nod and he leaves. Ben goes with him to see him off.

3 months ago I hated this man for ruining my life but he wanted nothing but good for me. Safe to say our relationship has become better. But he still won't tell me his relationship with Mia? I know how Mia is now and she definitely didn't know him either to be his mistress. Oh god I feel guilty for saying all those things to her in the beginning.

I check the time and see it's almost afternoon and decide to to go home and spend time with the Beautiful girl waiting for me. I take the elevator to go downstairs and it stops at the tenth floor with Amy and a middle aged man entering inside. I ignore her and do not make any conversations with her.
I check my work emails but she doesn't let me peacefully.
"Aren't you curious to know why am I here with a guy?"
"Why should I be? Its your business not mine." I tell her irritatingly.
"Back in the day you would get jealous even when a guy would look at me. This is definitely bothering you."
"Back in the day I had feelings for you too, now I don't." The lobby floor comes and I am the first one to leave.

She calls out my name from behind, I take a deep breath not to waste my energy by being too angry at her. She suddenly hugs me from behind and I get really startled. I look around and see everyone staring at us.
"What are you doing Amy? Leave me right now." I try to get rid of her angrily.
"Back when we were dating you would always get convinced if I would do this.. Why can't you forgive me and start a new life with me? I told you that I don't want your money but you and only you. I have realized my mistakes and I also realized how much I love you and always have. Let's have some lunch.. talk and sort everything." I get out of her hold and turn around to face her. She tries to kiss me this time but I don't let her.
"Amy, please don't come close to me and do not create a fiasco at my work place... Its over between us. I am telling you really nicely this time."
"Don't embarrass me please... don't be so harsh. Remember all our times together.. we were so happy Jay."
"Amy, you broke my trust... the minute you did that I lost all my feelings for you. Let's just finish this nicely and move on with our lives." I turn around and leave without looking back.