7. Stay by my side

Jacob's pov:
She kisses me back with the same passion as I do. Our mouths not leaving each other's and tongues moving in rythme. I am about to take her top off when she stops me. I look at her for an explanation only to see her looking down and biting her lip.

"Mia, are you okay? Did I do something forcefully? I am sorry."
She immediately answers, "No, it wasn't forceful I just...." She pauses and I figure it out.
I caress her cheek and kiss her on the forehead, "we would never do anything you aren't ready for and don't want to do. Okay?" She smiles at me and nods and I get relived to see her normal again.

"I just... I have never been..." she's a virgin? Woah.... that's another new for me. What I would want to do with this girl..... Don't think of that right now Jacob or your little friend down here won't be able to resist.
"You don't need to explain..." mine and only.... the word contract starts ringing in my mind again.

"Things you have done for me today is inexplicable in words. Thankyou." I tell her and change the topic from that.
I have never been emotionally close to a girl before but what Mia has done for me on this day out of all made my heart flutter. I might sound like a girl but right now being this close to her is making my heart beat faster, what is this girl doing to me? How will I... let her go after our contract?
"It was my way of saying thankyou to you for Kevin." I stare at her.... way to kill my mood Mia. For Kevin hah?
"For Kevin? Not for me or my birthday?"
"Of course that too but he got a part in a new show and I am just so happy it's because of you. Thankyou!"
I clear my throat, "So, what is this Kevin to you? I mean what's your relationship?"
"We are really good friends. I met him at his Ngo whom I still work for sometimes, really sweet and a nice guy." Friends? A guy and a girl can never be friends.
"He's like a little brother I never had." She adds and stares at me as if she knows what was I thinking and smirks.
"Was something burning?" She acts to sniffle around and I smile at her childishness.
"Anyway it's getting late so I think I should leave. I have work to finish." I tell her and stand up to leave when she suddenly gives me a back hug surprising me and taking me off guard. I see her hands on my waist and hold them tightly. We stay there for sometime, it feels like heaven, her hug is like a feeling of... home. Cheesy Jay cheesy.

"You don't want me to go?" I ask her jokingly.
"Don't you keep saying we should do things normal couples do. So here I am doing what you want on your birthday." I turn around and give her one last kiss. "I really need to go.... if this keeps happening it would get difficult for me." She stares at me confused and widens her eyes when she realises what I meant. She takes a step back and gestures through her hands for me to leave. "Thanks for understanding." She tells me and I smile at her.

She looks so pretty even in a simple white shirt dress. The Mia I prefer and like. I look at her one last time and leave, she follows behind me till the door and waves at me when I reach out.
"Oh, wait!" She asks me to wait and runs inside. She comes outside with the gifts she brought me.
"Did you give me a tie to tell me that I am only yours?" I ask her with amusement.
Her eyes widen and she gets embarrassed. "What?"
"Its an old saying." She rolls her eyes at me.
"Considering you're old, you would obviously say such things." She teases me with my age again.

"Lock your doors properly." I tell her in command like voice and she gives me a saltue. She comes towards me and gives me a peck on lips.
"Bye!" Both of us tell each other.

I finally leave smiling to myself and reach near my car, it's right in front of the building. I turn around and look up only to see Mia waving at me from the balcony. She's making it hard for me to leave. I internally groan not wanting to leave her but leave anyway remembering about the work I am left to finish.

I drive through the Seattle night with minimum traffic on the way. I get home and tiredly sit on the sofa losing my tie. I hear my phone ping when I check, the smile on my face comes right back.
"I hope you reached safely.... for today I hope I didn't make you sad :( I am sorry." She texts me.
"You changed my memory to a happier one. For the rest of my life, this will be the day I'll remember."
":* I am glad." That kiss emoji, even a simple kiss does something to me and I realize I am thankful to my grandfather for getting her in my life and forcefully making us date but.... our lives really are so different and she deserves someone alot better.... someone who could.... but will I be able to see her with someone else? I should stop thinking of tomorrow and seize my present fully. From now on I will make sure I can spend as much time as I can with her.