4. Past catching up

Mia's pov:

Its mid week already which means its been days since our last date but I still can't forget him.... his kindness for that kid and him changing a little from a rude asshole to an irritating person who keeps making fun of me but his irritating version is a lot better than the rude one.

My kids bring me out of my world and tell me they are done watching the video of the solar system. The school authorities have been so thankful to me for bringing some great changes to this school, because of me the school quality has upgraded a lot but its Mr. Miller who should get the credits and not me.

"Alright kids since the school is about to get over, I'll give you guys some break and will let you watch cartoon for sometime okay?" They scream in happiness and I switch some of their favorite cartoons for them. This is why I love kids, they are so innocent. They find happiness in such little things and teaches me alot without even knowing it.

The school comes to an end and all of them now leave school on time because they have a bus. Smallest of things reminds me of, I hit myself on the forehead for thinking this much about him. Stop Mia!
Its an elementary school so my work isn't too difficult but handling them can be quite difficult sometimes.
"Miss Mia are you coming for our practice?" One of my students comes to my class and asks me.
"Sure, I'll be with you guys in sometime." Some of the students have taken part in inter school dance competition, I am not a great dancer but I stay behind to cheer them.

I enter the dance and music room and realize how small it has become because of the things Mr. Miller has provided. There's a drum set, guitar, piaono, music system and one side of the wall room covered with mirror. I sure am very thankful to him for this favor. The students start the practice on the song 'closer' and I dance along with them for moral support.

I leave school an hour later and immediately go to my best friend's store to meet her. Its lunch time so there are less customers at this time. I smile at Annie who is helping a customer and silently tell her I am waiting at the back office, she winks and tells me she'll be there in sometime.

I open Instagram to pass my time, not a regular user but when I am bored I surf it. Until Annie comes I decide to check it out and I suddenly get an idea. I search Jacob Miller on the search option and his profile immediately appears. He is quite social because he has too many followers or he has to be because of his business maybe? There are many posts... some from his trip to Europe and some from the events he must have attended. There's a picture of him kissing a dog which automatically brings a smile on my face and I take a screenshot of it. I see few more pictures and the stalker in me suddenly wakes up. A girl has constantly commented on all his pictures except the latest ones. Her name is Ammac... weird user name.
"My handsome Jay <3"
"Hottie :*" and many more similar comments. I am about to check her profile when Annie calls out for me. I decide to check it later and go out.

Jacob's pov:
It's only middle of the week and still few more days to go for our next date. Its the first time in years that I feel something different about a girl. Along with my work, I am thinking of her. Her getting irritated when I mention the kiss, our walk in the rain.
"Sir... should we discuss this idea with the main company?" Mr. Ben gets me out of my thoughts or should I say her thoughts.
"I like the ideas we discussed today. Let's make a proper presentation and we'll pitch it to the board of directors in a week. The inauguration is a month away so let's do it as fast as we can." All of them agree and we end the meeting there.

I go back to my office to finish some work when my phone rings.... It's Leah,
"Leah.... all okay?"
"It's me.... Rebecca. I know you are too busy but you always take Leah's calls so I thought to call you from her phone."
I pause for a second... Jacob talk to her normally, "How are you doing aunt Rebecca? Everything fine? Do you need something?" It's after a long time that we are talking.
"Actually it's about Leah.... she wants to study in states now and I thought it would be best if she would stay in Seattle since you'd be there to look after her. I called to request you to do this for me, can you?"
"Sure, Don't worry.... she can obviously call me for anything. What about her accommodation and fees? Want me to do something?" I ask her.
"Everything is already done just look after her from time to time. She's only eighteen. I feel better since her older brother would be there for her." I don't say anything about that and there's an awkward silence on the phone.
"How is Danis?" I ask her to make it less awkward.
"He has an exhibition in Seattle this weekend. If you have time go and check it out."
"Sure.... I am sorry but I have to go. Don't worry about Leah... I'll make sure she's okay here."
"Thankyou son.... goodbye." Son?