Prologue

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ MGMT - Kids ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

We like to watch you laughing, you pick the insects off plants, no time to think of consequences.

*7 Years Old*

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Grace?" Mommy replied, picking me up with one hand and placing me on her hip. In her other hand she was holding a rolling pin for the dough she was spreading across the counter.

"Can I play with the new girl across the street? I really want to make a new friend and I bet she wants a friend too... Pweeaase?" I begged, looking at her bright green eyes.

She put down her rolling pin and laughed, stroking my rosy cheeks. "Okay honey, just make sure you wear your coat and wellies because it's been raining outside." She said putting me down onto the floor.

"My NEW wellies?!"

"Yes Gracie," She said smiling. "Now go on, bring your new friend here if she wants to play. These cookies will be done soon, I'm sure Aaron and Jace wouldn't mind sharing them with you both."

"Thank you Mommy." I hugged her leg and ran to find my new wellies.

Reaching for the closet door, I almost fell over as I dived to pull out the shoe box. I opened the box but my wellies weren't there. What? No! They were right here! I searched through the other boxes but they weren't there either.

"Looking for your stupid wellies?" Looking up I saw where the voice came from. My twin brother, standing on the stairs. He poked his head over the handrail, with a grin on his face while his best friend Jace ran down the stairs. Jace was a very pretty boy, but I would never tell him that. After all, boys have cooties! He teaches me when I'm stuck playing on Aaron's video games and makes sure that nobody says mean things to me at school but I don't know if he is my friend because he always laughs when Aaron is mean to me.

Jace ran towards me and put his hand to my ear. "Aaron got your shoes ready by the door for you," he whispered loudly.

That was nice of him, maybe my brother isn't horrible. I look up to smile at him but he doesn't see because he is clutching his stomach laughing, I don't understand.

Walking to the door to put my shoes on, I think about my new friend. I spot my wellies near the door and put them on whilst running down the porch steps. I pause on the lawn in front of my house when I hear a squelching noise. The noise stops so I keep carry on walking when I feel a squelch in my shoes. I pulled off the wellies to see what was wrong when I noticed that my feet were covered in mud - a special sort of mud. Then the smell hit me and I knew it wasn't mud at all. There was no way that Aaron and Jace put dog poop in my brand new wellies. They wouldn't...right?

"Good luck making new friends with dog poop feet!" I heard Aaron screaming from the doorstep. Jace was at his side, laughing so hard that he was crying.

Covering my face with my hands, I sank to the ground and started to cry. Why would they do this to me? They don't love me, they hate me! They laugh at me all the time, they break my toys, they draw on my face and now they have ruined my new shoes! I don't want to be Aaron's sister, I don't want Jace to be my friend. I'm all alone.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and slowly look up to find a girl standing before me. She had strawberry blonde hair that brushed her shoulders and kind brown eyes. She reached out her hand and helped me to my feet, helping me pick up my stinking wellies.

"They are so mean," she said, nodding her head in the boy's direction.

I glance back and Aaron is staring at the new girl, his cheeks look pinker than usual. Jace is now too busy laughing at him instead of me.

"What's your name?" She asked me.

"G-Grace," I hiccupped from behind the tears.

"I'm Lexi. I saw what they did to you, do you want to come to my house and we can clean up?"

I nod my head. As we walked towards her house I heard her make a promise.

"This isn't over, we will get them back some day."