Chapter 17 | Three Words, Two Seconds, One Emotional State

"What's wrong?" Luke frowned at me when he noticed my face drawn with consternation and a little bit of bewilderment.

"Carrie blacks out," I answered him without looking him in the eyes as I rose to my feet. "I have to help them."

"Why would you want to help them? It's not even your business," he stood up.

"It is when my friend is involve," I said, making my way towards the exit door.

"Carrie's your friend?" The bad boy furrowed his brows.

"I was talking about Tyler," I rolled my eyes as I turned myself around to face him whom was now sauntering towards me.

He suddenly snorted with a smirk the moment he heard Tyler's name came out of my mouth, "Oh, yeah. I forgot about him."

What did he mean by that? Every single word he uttered had never failed to perplex me. It seemed like he wasn't fond of Tyler by the way he was reacting after hearing his name being mentioned. But Tyler and Max used to be his friends and why did he only get back together with Max and not with Tyler?

Something fishy was going on here.

I just walked out of the room and went straight to an elevator in a hurry, leaving Luke struggling to catch up with my paces. The elevator brought us back to where the party hall was and just as soon as the door slid open, both Luke and I caught a sight of Carrie lying on a stretcher being pushed towards an exit door by the paramedics with Tyler by her side in urgent haste.

The party was seemingly stopped for awhile, which I was grateful of and all the bystanders were in the state of stupefaction after seeing the paramedics came crushing the party. I ran towards Alice whom was still sitting next to knocked-out Max with her eyes stuck at the view of Carrie being put in an ambulance.

"What happened?" I asked her immediately.

"Huh?" Alice looked at me in confusion before she came to her senses. "I don't know. She suddenly felt dizzy after she drank her water," she pointed at a glass of water, sitting alongside of Tyler's untouched martini.

Luke took a look at the glass and guessed, "Someone must've drugged her."

"Who gave her that?" I frowned.

"I don't know," she shrugged.

"Excuse me," Luke drew a bartender who looked different from the one I saw before. "Do you know who order this?" He questioned about the water.

"I'm sorry," the female bartender said with her southern accent. "I did not have any kind of informations you asked. I'm just about to start my shift."

Darn it.

"Okay, everyone," Baron stood up on a stage beside a disc jockey, speaking through a mic in his hand. "Despite the prevailing circumstance, the party is still on!"

With that, all these people were back in their party mode, getting all high and wild, forgetting that Carrie just got hauled into an ambulance. How cruel these humans were.

"We need to go to the hospital," I suggested.

"It's almost twelve o'clock now. Do you really need to go?" Luke raised an eyebrow at me, somehow I felt like he'd changed himself into his cold-hearted  attitude.

I glanced at my wristwatch, to ensure that he was telling the truth. And seriously, he wasn't lying, "Crap. I need to go home now."

Someone was going to be mad at home.

"I'll drive you there. Fast," the raven-haired guy offered.

"No thanks," I rejected. "But I think you should give Alice a ride home."