Chapter 46 | A White Veil Occasion

The wait was over.

And now, three hours left before Ben and Sara was going to tie the knot.

Ben and Oliver was somewhere in one of the rooms in this huge mansion where the wedding was taking place. And I saw Sara rushing into the room on the left side of this house with her bridesmaids, hairstylists and makeup artists. It was busy around here, people were preparing the chairs in the hall, testing the microphone, doing soundcheck and all whilst I was just here, lying on a chaise lounge and did nothing. My phone was still with Ben although I was no longer being grounded since he and Sara were going straight for their honeymoon to Venice in Italy after the wedding reception.

I wandered around the old mansion in a white skater dress covered by blue damask prints with quarter-length sleeves that Sara forced me to wear for her wedding day. I didn't do my hair, I just let it loose in subtle waves and I didn't go crazy with my make-up. I saw a lot of vintage paintings hanging up on the walls along the hallway, antique vases and fancy furniture. I wondered whose mansion did Sara and Ben invade, it was so luxurious.

When I ultimately found a room where the groom was in with other bunch of men, I twisted the doorknob and pushed open the door the moment I heard manly laughs from the inside.

"Lennox?" Ben corrugated his brows at the sight of me, walking into a room where male was the only gender in here. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I..." I twiddled my thumbs as I confronted him. "...have my phone back? I'm bored. Got nothing to do."

"But you're still under punishment," he raised his eyebrow.

"Just give it to her, Ben," Oliver shook his head. "Every single teenager in this world needs their phones."

And his other friends agreed, defending me and went against Ben. Well, today might be his day but it wasn't his lucky day, apparently.

"Fine. Here, take it," the groom finally made his mind up and handed me back my phone from his pocket. "But, you have to promise me you will not cause any troubles."

"For today? I can do that," I beamed and snatched it from his grip then dashed out of the room without thanking him.

As I made my way toward the staircase to get to the hall where the ceremony would be held, I looked through all the messages I'd received from few days ago. Mostly, they were from Max and...Cece? Why would she text me? This was unusual. Perhaps, she was seeking for forgiveness from me? Or was she just telling me to fuck off and stop ruining her life which I was fully aware that I didn't?

With curiosity, I tapped her name to see her text messages which appeared to be: Hi, Lennox. Can we meet up tomorrow night at the bar downtown? I just want to talk things out with you.

What was she trying to say actually? Why would she want to meet me? She was a friend to Alice now, why didn't she just talk things out with her instead of me? This was somehow weird to me but well, I guess, talking things out with her would give me a chance to slap her once for hurting Max.

Then, I continued to read Max's and man, he sent me a hundred of messages about his feelings and how Cece left him and all. He was blaming himself for what he'd done on his 18th birthday for kissing girls senselessly, then he ranted on how he wished he could go back in time and changed everything. In my opinion, he was seriously obsessed and really had fallen for Cece when she'd already moved on to someone else.