Chapter 36 | Romeo Came To The Rescue

I put my laptop away after shutting it down before I could pull the sash window up to let Luke came into my room head first via the window. He was breathing heavily in exhaustion, probably after struggling to climb up that tree and there was some of the dried leaves attached to the back of his shirt and his hair.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I loured at him, baffled by his sudden presence whilst he was sitting next to me, throwing all the leaves on him out through the window.

"I heard you got suspended, so I came here right away to see if it's true," the bad boy rose to his feet and dusted himself off after he was done with the dried leaves.

"Well, as you can see, I'm trapped in this room for two weeks," I pulled the window back down and locked it.

"It's unfortunate that I wasn't there to see the huge fight in the cafeteria," he began to wander around my room, looking through all of my personal things.

What he said made me wonder, I didn't see his face anywhere in the crowd. Where did he go just now? Not that I really cared about him, I was just curious.

"I usually spent my time somewhere else during lunch time, if you're wondering," Luke answered the question in my head as he looked at a framed picture of me when I was six with my real parents on my desk. I still kept it with me. "Who are these people, by the way?"

Promptly, I rushed towards him and snatched the photograph from him then put it inside my drawer.

"They're none of your business—"

"Lennox," the sound of Ben's voice, along with the knocks on the door startled the both of us.

We looked at each other in panic, not knowing what to do in this circumstance. If Ben saw Luke in my room, my funeral would be held tomorrow in the early morning.

"What are we going to do?" Luke mouthed silently, holding my forearms.

"I don't know," I replied inaudibly before I looked around my room.

"Lennox, are you in there?" Ben asked, knocking the door continuously.

"Just a sec!" I told him while thinking where should I hide this douche in front of me.

My closet should be fine to keep him out of sight.

I held Luke's wrist and marched him to my closet but the moment I opened the door to my closet, all the things in there were not neatly arranged and the clothes were all over the places. Luke smirked at me after witnessing the huge terrible mess in my walk-in closet.

"What?" I glared at him. "I don't have time to clean this up."

"You're a mess," he chuckled.

"And so are you," I riposted.

"Lennox?" My foster dad was still behind that door.

Abruptly, Luke lugged me towards my bed then he laid himself down on it, pulling my quilt over his head, covering his whole body with it.

Well, it hid him but it didn't hide the shape of his body!

"Come here," Donovan patted the available space on my bed beside him, inviting me to join him lying together on it.