Chapter 71 | Hold On To Me

Luke's POV

(30 minutes before)

Something just didn't feel right.

I kept pacing back and forth in the living room, feeling unease, knowing that Lennox wasn't here yet. Her foster parents was already home and I told them that she was at Tyler's house when they came knocking at my door, asking me her whereabouts.

She promised me that she'd be back at eight but now, it was almost half past nine. She'd never break her promise. I knew she was a lady of her words. Something must've held her back from going home. Perhaps, Tyler forced her to stay for a little while. Yeah, that could be it. He must've forced her to stay.

Without wasting a second, I quickly grabbed my keys along with my helmet and called Max to take care of Lenny since he was fond of my dog. Then, I left the house unlocked for Max to get in and quickly hopped on my bike, driving it to Tyler's house as fast as I could, swerving every passing vehicle on the road.

It didn't take long for me to arrive at his house. I pulled up behind Lennox's car then got off my bike, taking my helmet off my head to see there was no lights inside his house and the front door was left wide opened. Promptly, I went towards the door and called out her name. But I received no response.

My heart began to race, knowing that she wasn't in this house when her car was here. I ran my hand through my hair, trying to think where she might've gone to. Where Tyler might've brought her to.

But then, my eyes caught a sight of a glass bottle on the floor. I knelt down and took a look at it, realising it was chloroform. That was when it hit me that something wrong was definitely going on.

"Fucking Tyler," I muttered angrily, throwing the bottle to the grass.

I took my phone out of my pocket as I made my way back to my bike in haste, hoping she had her phone somewhere inside her pocket because I was going to track her. After a few seconds of waiting for her phone to be searched, finally her location was shown. She was somewhere inside a building that was located at almost at the end of town.

This didn't look like Tyler wanted to do some planning with Lennox. She could be in danger. If she wasn't, then why was she in some building that was far away from the public? Damn, I should've insisted to come along with her. She trusted him too much. I knew that asshat would do something to her. I could see from the look in his eyes.

I swore, if he laid a hand on my girlfriend, he'd be dead for sure.

I got on my bike and directly accelerated to Lennox's house, just to inform her foster parents. I knew his dad was a cop, so I might need some help from him and he should know about this as well.

As soon as I reached her foster parents' house, instantly, I hopped off my bike, took off my helmet and rushed to their front door, ringing the doorbell constantly in hurry until the door was opened.

"You don't have to press that fucking doorbell for—"

"Mr Renovales, Lennox is not in Tyler's house," I cut him off, not wanting to waste any seconds to argue with him right now.

"What are you talking about? You told me that she's there," Lennox's foster father looked at me listlessly, as if I was bluffing.

I gave him my phone, showing him Lennox's exact location, "I tracked her phone."

He frowned at me after he looked at my phone, "You tracked my daughter?"

"And I found chloroform in Tyler's house," I informed.

"What?" His voice was barely audible yet fury was clearly apparent in his face.

"I need to go now. She could be in danger," I took my phone from his grip and hurried back to my bike.