Chapter 58 | An Asshole Ruins My Day

"Welcome back to school, Ms Renovales," Mr Bonnano fixed his tie as he sat himself down behind his desk. "I had less paperwork and troublemakers to deal with while you were gone. So, I thank you for that."

"Can you just cut to the chase?" I folded my arms with my back rested against the back of the chair.

The principal arched his lips, placing his hands that had his fingers entwined together on his desk, "I see your rudeness is still there."

"And I see your head is still bald," I riposted.

He closed his eyes, inhaling the air sharply then exhaled it slowly. He seemed to be trying so hard to keep his calm and professional posture while dealing with me. Probably, he'd taken his anger management class pretty serious this time.

"I'm not going to give you any detention on your first day coming back to school," Mr Bonnano reposefully said.

"So, why the hell am I here?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You're here because I have assigned you as a volunteer to be with the student committee to show our new student, Mr Ronald Dooley as well as the exchange students around the school today during lunch time as a punishment for your rude interruption just now," he informed.

"What?"

"You're dismissed. Now, go to your class," the principal shifted his attention to the paperwork on his desk.

"They have enough people—"

"I said: you're. dismissed," He enunciated each word slowly yet sternly.

This was clearly not how I expected my day in school would be. I just finished my suspension and now, he was adding another punishment. What? Did he just turn himself into a bloody tyrant?

"Fucking bald head," I picked up my backpack and muttered a little bit louder so that he could hear me.

"I can hear you, Ms Renovales," Mr Bonnano said without looking at me.

"I meant to do that," with that, I left his office and slammed shut the door behind me.

Of course, I wasn't going to join those stupid members to show the students around the school. Especially when Ronald was being part of those students. He would keep pestering me all throughout the tour. Just by looking at his face, it made me feel like I wanted to punch the hell out of his life.

Why didn't just give them the school map and let them find their own ways by themselves? Teach them to be independent. Duh.

*      *      *      *      *      *

I sat at our usual table with my friends, watching both of these pigs sitting across from me, eating their lunch meals as if they had never eaten anything edible for months.

One of the girls from the student committee came up to me a few minutes ago, asking me to join them just as what Mr Bonnano commanded them to do. Instead of shoving my meal into her mouth since I got no appetite to eat, trying to list out all the possible reasons for Ronald's sudden existence in here, I made a deal with her. I told her that I would give her either Max's or Tyler's phone number if she promised me not to tell Mr Bonnano that I didn't join them to be the school tour guide.

And she agreed with it. So, I gave her a fake number. Easy.

"I heard there's a new kid in this school," Tyler said with his mouth packed, spitting out some of the tiny pieces of sandwich as he spoke.

"Yeah. Bonnano mentioned about him," I simply said.

Max drank his Diet Coke before he joined the conversation, "This school is really making progress. People just keep coming in and go."