Chapter 45 | Welcome Home

I was found sleeping on top of Tyler's car with my arms were wrapped around my bare body and they were no longer in the sleeves of my sweater. I was indescribably tired and in desperate need of being in the slumberland. Plus, the morning was way beautiful that my eyes couldn't stay wide open to see the beauty of it. So, I slept wherever I felt like to.

After having a breakfast with Tyler's family where no one made a single sound—assumably, the boys were traumatised to see Vicky acting all like gorgon, Tyler finally drove me back home as he promised.

I seriously didn't know what to expect from Ben's reaction.

Probably, he grabbed Tyler by the collar first or threw my luggage out of the house.

Well, that was just too sadistic. He wouldn't throw my stuffs out. I guess, he would just do the first thing.

"Have you practised?" I queried.

"For what?"

"You're going to talk to the big guy."

Tyler scoffed. "Len, you know I'm a spontaneous person. I don't need any stupid practices. I'm just gonna wing it."

"Well," I rose one of my shoulders momentarily. "Suit yourself."

The ride back home felt like it would take forever to get there when Tyler began to open his mouth, singing along with the songs played on the radio perpetually. I remembered that one moment where he told me that some people said his voice was very similar to Charlie Puth's and he was extremely proud of it.

As much as I wanted to tell him that he actually sounded more like an ape going crazy, I just had to let him believed that beautiful lie people fed him with and let the boy dreamt.

Few minutes later and now, we were here, right in front of my house and I didn't see Ben waiting outside for my arrival. Probably, Oliver forced him to watch a movie together with him since they both took days off because the wedding was just around the corner.

Tyler turned off the ignition, "Now, let's meet your dad."

"I think..." I scratched the back of my head. "You should go first and talk to him for a couple of minutes. I'll just stay here."

"Come on, Lennox. It's not going to be that bad," he patted my shoulder before he alighted from the car.

Well, pretty sure, everything was going to be bad once we stepped into that house. Ben would explode knowing me spending the night out without his permission. Just remembering his face when he found out that Luke helped me escaped from my confinement sent shivers down my spine. It was rather frightening.

I remained in my seat in the car, folding my arms crosswise and stared at the front door, waiting for Ben to show up in the porch and pointing at me in ire. Tyler startled me as he knocked on the window beside me, pushing me to get out of the car. But I locked the door instead and shook my head at him when he attempted to open the passenger door.

"Len, you're not helping," Tyler was getting irritated. "We need to get this over with and I'm already late for school. Now, get out of the car, will you?"

"He's going to kill me," I told him.

"You've caused a lot of troubles previously. And you've faced him all the time."

"But that was different."

He sighed. "If you're not getting out of this car, I'll cry out for your dad."