Chapter 55 | The Perfect One

I rummaged through my dufflebag in Luke's closet, taking every single thing out of it whilst Luke was putting on his shirt that he just grabbed from his drawer. He noticed that I was looking for something that I had forgotten to tell him to bring it when he was back at my house.

"Something's missing?" He queried.

"Yeah," I gave up searching for it and looked up at him who stood next to me. "I forgot to tell you to bring my jacket."

Luke's brows furrowed, "But there's another jacket in there."

"I know, but it's not my favourite," I rose to my feet, placing my hands on my hips. "It's a navy blue jacket that Tyler bought for my birthday and also for Christmas."

"So...," all of a sudden, he folded his arms crosswise as he looked at me inexpressively with one of his eyebrows lifted. "Your 'favourite' jacket is the one that Tyler bought for you?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, I love that jacket," I blinked, bewildered by his sudden change of mood.

"You love it?" He clenched his teeth as he emphasised the second word.

"Umm...yeah. I certainly don't hate it."

"Certainly?"

"Okay, what's the matter with you? What is it that you don't like about the jacket?" I raised my eyebrows.

Luke huffed, "There's a lot of things that I personally hate about that freaking jacket." Then he showed me his forefinger right in the face as he began listing the factors that he hated about the jacket with his fingers. "One, I hate the fact that Tyler gave it to you. Two, knowing that you called it as your 'favourite', annoys the hell out of me. Three, I despise the idea that you are actually loving that jacket with no doubts."

My eyes rolled away and I snorted in derision after listening to his absurd reasons. I told him for numerous time that Tyler was just a friend and I kept reminding him that there was no longer intimate relationship between me and Tyler. That was ancient history, yet still, Luke was fuming over it. He went to the wardrobe where he hung his jackets and took out the black leather one that he'd always worn then placed it on my hands.

"Here," he uttered, leaning his face closer to mine. "This is your new 'favourite' jacket now. Remember this day, Sunday, 15th of November. The day I give you my jacket."

I regarded the jacket in my hands, "What's so special about it?"

"It is extremely special because I've left my scent all over it and you can smell it in case you miss me," a smirk spread thwart on his lips as he winked, then he patted my cheek before he left the closet.

This guy was so ludicrous.

The jacket really did smell like him, though. I sniffed the sleeve and the scent of his usual cologne stuffed my nostrils. Well, I guess this was my new favourite jacket just as he said. Although, I still loved the one that Tyler gave to me. It was the jacket that I'd been wanting to have last two years but I couldn't afford it since the price of it got me fell onto the ground then I went to Max and Tyler, whining over it desperately till I reached to the point where I skipped the entire classes after lunch and drove downtown to find an available part time job. Thank goodness, Max had managed to stop me from threatening the owner of a café to give me a job with a good salary—I practically jumped over that old guy for giving me the disapproval look. But in the end, Tyler fulfilled my dream. I was more than grateful that Tyler spent his pocket money to buy me that jacket as a gift for my birthday and Christmas.

He was a great dude.

Now, I had Luke's black leather jacket that he claimed to be 'extremely special' just because it featured with his scent. I slipped my arms into the sleeves, wearing the jacket over my plain burgundy t-shirt. The jacket was huge actually. It was not even my size. My fingers were completely covered by the sleeves of the jacket and it was somehow weighing me down by the thickness of the leather. How was I supposed to wear this? My shoulders were not as broad as his and my arms weren't as long as his.