Chapter 42 | What Best Friend Is For

HI, EVERYONE! I'M BACK!! Okay, first of all. I don't want to waste your time reading such a lengthy author note. So, I'm just going to say, I am really really sorry for the very very very long delay. I'm not dead yet. I'm still alive (if you're wondering).

"So, you guys broke into Alice's house?" Tyler found it hard to believe after I told him the recent activity I just did with Luke.

"And you will not believe that she has tons of pictures of you on her wall," I brought my legs up on my seat and let them lay crosswise.

"Wow," he shook his head and remained silence for a few seconds, taken aback by the extreme weirdness of Alice. It somehow creeped him out, even I was still in the state of repudiation that Alice actually had a crush on my friend and not that asshole. "That is...quite disturbing, eh?"

"You tell me," I scoffed.

Then, there was a moment of silence—which was definitely weird to have the absence of sound in this car with Tyler. More often than not, we both did something ridiculous on the road like slapping each other's arm if one of us missed to spot a stop sign, Tyler's pitchy singing session was an event that no one in the car could ever get away from, fighting for radio stations and betting on who could bear to listen the oldest country songs—a game that I could never win over Tyler. My first guess would be he probably had earwax.

But now, we were just...quiet. And it was odd.

I looked at him, seemingly he was deep in thoughts since he got his grips tight on the steering wheel, his body was tense and his eyes were so focus on the road. As far as I knew, Tyler was the only person in this universe that I had to shout at crazily to get his eyes stared at the road.

Perhaps, he was currently thinking about Alice...or...did he...also like her?

Oh my god.

Instantaneously, I shook my head mentally and averted my eyes from the view of him. Why did I have such a crappy thought right now? I couldn't even get my mind straight at this time. I mean, why would Tyler like her as well? He'd already promised me not to meet her up again.

Speaking of which...

"I saw Alice came over to your house," I broke the stillness without looking at him.

"Alice?" There was a sense of bewilderment in his voice which made my head to finally turn around to face him.

"Yeah. And your mom was at the door," I told him. "Did you, perhaps, meet her or something?"

The folds on his forehead straightened, "Oh. Mom must've told her to go back home since we were having a family game night—and you know how much she hates it when someone comes disturbing our family time."

"So, you didn't even get a chance to see her? Not even a second?" I asked for reassurance.

"What, do you want me to see her?" He teased.

"That's not what I meant," I punched his arm, earning laughs from him.

"Don't worry about that, you creeps," Tyler tittered. "Why are you so hell-bent on keeping your eyes on her? That's creepy."

"She's the creep!" I fought. "I'm just...so curious of what changes her that fast. Don't you feel like it's weird to see her initially all insecure then suddenly acting seriously rude at me in just several days and then she starts to snatch away everything that I've got? I mean, come on. Is she high on Molly or what, for getting that crazy?"