Chapter 30 | Sardonic Son & Douchey Dad

What a total nonsense.

Luke liked me? I didn't think so. That idiot was just messing around with me. As always.

"How do I look?" He put his face closer to mine once again, looking at me in the eyes with his lips parted in a wide smile.

"Handsome is as handsome does," I commented flatly.

"Well, it's true," he nodded. "But I do look great, right?"

I rolled my eyes in repulsion, ignoring his narcissism then just stepped out of his car without worrying how horrible did I look right now. And no doubt that someone might stare at me once I got inside with Luke because I was a complete stranger to everyone in this party and not even invited.

Luke came out after he turned off the ignition and a valet ran towards him instantly, taking Luke's key and went to park his car.

Then, the asshole bent his right arm for me to hold and I had no choice but to sneak my left hand from below his arm and place it on his upper arm where I could feel his biceps bulging underneath his sleeve.

"Let's go," he beamed before he dragged me through an entrance door ahead of us and made our way straight into a party hall.

I had to say this freakishly large house looked very classy, opulent and quaint. But the moment we reached the party hall, those three adjectives changed into crazy, magical and mesmerising just to describe what was happening with this party.

I saw a lot of little girls in their princess dresses and crowns running around, the boys were playing with plastic swords and shields, fighting a blue dragon mascot—whom I felt very sorry for the person in that mascot. Purple and silver balloons were lying everywhere on a dance floor, a girl (probably in the age of 20s) in a fairy dress with fake wings attached to her back and a wand in her hand was playing, singing and dancing with the little girls. I could already guess from what I observed that Luke's cousin was a girl who loved Disney princesses.

Meanwhile the adults and the parents were sitting and standing around the party hall, laughing and talking in their formal attires with wineglasses in their hands, keeping it sophisticated and high class. I was glad that Sara didn't choose a dress that was way scanty.

Luke and I just stood in the entranceway of this hall, surveying the whole room. I observed everything I caught in my sight but this guy next to me was scanning the whole room to find his dad, so that we could get the hell out of here as soon as we met him.

"Now, listen," Luke spoke. "Don't call that old guy 'Mr Donovan' because that's not his surname."

"What?" I was a bit surprised.

"Donovan is my mom's last name," he clarified. "It took a lot of works to change my surname."

He really abhorred his father.

"Just call him Mr Doofus," Luke chuckled.

"Seriously? Mr Doofus?" I raised my eyebrows. "Although, I'm a super impudent person, I still have a line that I will not cross."

"Fine, his surname is Dooley," he sighed, rolling his eyes. "But I'm still going to call him doofus."

I shook my head. He was one heck of a difficult son to raise.

Meeting his dad actually made me wonder about his mom. Luke didn't talk much about her, he just mentioned her sometimes and I could hardly predict which part of his mom he had taken. Probably, the face or the charming smile.