Chapter 31 | What A Freaky Night

Luke and I seated ourselves at a round table nearby the dance floor where the kids were dancing to one of the soundtracks from Disney movie, making their ridiculous moves and just boogied the night away with their partners while waiting for the birthday cake to be served.

"She was my tutor and also, a daughter to one of Aunt Marie's friends. She liked me but I rejected all the gifts she had ever bought for me. Then, she decided to make herself looked like she just got abused and put me behind the bars with a little help from someone," he answered me after I asked him about the reason how did he get into a jail last year. "And that doofus bailed me out just because Aunt Marie forced him to."

Girls couldn't help it but to fall for his flawless and charming face. But not for me. I didn't fall for someone's face so easily.

I guess.

"Then, how about Ellie? How did that 'suit tragedy' happen?" I kept on inquiring about his life with dangerous girls.

"Honestly," he arched his lips and shrugged. "I don't really know how did that happen. She went to say her apology and gave me the suit but I refused everything she gave but then she left my house along with the suit."

That was abnormal. It would be freaking impossible if that suit walked back into Luke's house by itself.

There must be another mysterious party participated in this case. However, who could possibly be that person?

"Anyway, you don't have to think about any of those girls anymore," the bad boy snorted. "I had thrown all of their informations in the trash but since you asked, I have to dig them back."

His statement made me notice something about him. He trashed, mostly, all the girls whom were bold enough to approach a demon like him just because they wanted to date him without thinking of the ugly consequences. But why not me? Why did he treat me kindly and mock other girls spitefully?

"Can you just stop thinking?" Luke patted both of my cheeks as he cupped my face with both of his hands and leant his face closer to mine. "Don't let those silly girls bother you, cheesecake."

I rolled my eyes and removed his hands from my face. "I'm not thinking about them."

"Have some fun, will you?" He frowned with a smile on his lips before his eyes shifted to the dance floor. "Look at those kids...."

Donovan pointed at a boy who dressed up like a real prince and a girl in a princess dress dancing to the slow music playing. They both were swimming into each other's eyes and ignoring their surroundings.

"...they are totally having fun," Luke continued his sentence.

Before I could reply him, a sudden little brunette girl in her purple dress with a shiny diamond crown on her head came to our table.

"Lukey-monkey!" She shrieked as her eyes met Luke's and she instantly ran into his arms.

"Oh. Hey, Sofia," Luke chuckled when he lifted her up and sat her on his lap whilst I unobtrusively laughed after hearing what did the little girl just call him.

Lukey-monkey. That was new.

"I'm glad you came," Sofia hugged him with her tiny arms.

"Yeah," the bad boy glanced at me while hugging his cousin back. "I'm here for your birthday, Princess Sofia."

"Thank you for coming," his cousin giggled. Then, she turned her head towards me—confused by my unknown presence. "Who is she?"

"That beautifully flawless girl over there?" Luke grinned at me and I raised my eyebrow. "She's my queen."