Chapter 60 | Here And Always

A/N: I typed this chapter while listening to Perfect by Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé. You should try listening to that song as you read this chapter. You're gonna love it! ❤️

I pulled up and parked my car in front of Luke's house in his driveway. Then I made my way toward the front door with his backpack and gloves in my hand, knocking it politely but I received no response. I called out his name and yet, silence answered me.

I was starting to doubt that he was at home but when I turned the doorknob, it was not locked. It weirded me out a little bit to find that his door was unlocked but he didn't respond to my voice and knocks. I tried my best to think positively, constantly telling myself that he was okay and maybe he was asleep in his room with his earphones plugged into his ears and not lying unconsciously somewhere on the ground.

Pushing the door to open, expecting Lenny would come, pouncing on me. I sauntered into his house, closing the door behind me and locked it. Still. Nothing happened. I didn't hear Lenny barking at all.

Now, I began to slightly panic.

Straight away, I went up the staircase to reach Luke's room, leaving the backpack and the gloves at the foot of the stairs.

There he was, sleeping soundly on his bed with only his pants on. Thank goodness. I finally could let out a breath of relief now.

Soundlessly, I tiptoed all the way toward the side of his bed and climbed on it, carefully not to wake him up. Then, I laid myself down closely beside him, wrapping my arms around his bare waist.

And apparently, he was a light sleeper. He startled and instantly opened his eyes when my arms were hugging his waist tightly.

"Cheesecake?" His voice was hoarse. I lifted my head up to see him looking down at me.

"Just sleep," I breathed, pecking him on the cheek.

He was completely baffled to see me suddenly appeared in his room, resting my head on his shoulder. So, he asked, "Why are you here?"

"Talk later. For now, let's just sleep," I closed my eyes.

No words were uttered. No arguments broke out. He merely followed what I just said; shifting himself comfortably, facing himself toward me as he had his arms around me, pulling me even closer to him and left no gaps in between. My forehead was now resting on his chest, breathing in his signature scent and I could feel his chin on my head.

"I really needed this," I heard him whispered before we both drifted off to sleep.

After spending a few hours of getting a good sleep with Luke alongside of me, I woke up, realising that he was up already and had been playing with my locks, observing the blue-coloured dye at the tip of my hair while I was still asleep. Probably, wondering why I had it dyed. He smiled as soon as he noticed my eyes were opened.

"Hi," the glint of happiness could clearly be seen in his eyes.

I chuckled, "Hey."

"You slept well," He cupped my cheek with his hand and I placed my hand on it.

"I was just tired," a weak smile formed on my lips.

We both were still in bed, facing each other, our hairs were really messy and our faces were merely inches away. He caressed my cheek with his thumb while gazing into my green orbs, getting himself lost in them.

Despite the small, sweet smile he was showing me, I knew something was going on. Something that was still playing around in his head, bothering his mind. Something that had made him wanting to sleep and forget about it but he couldn't. I could see it through his façade.