A Midnight Swim

I opened the doors to the pool area, and like Paul said, there wasn't a soul in sight. I sighed with contentment and headed to the changing rooms to deposit my towel and clothing.

Making no fuss about it, I was soon in the warm water, completing my third length, stopping at the shallow end for a breather. I ducked my head under the water, popping back up; I raised my hands to smooth my short blonde hair back onto my head when movement from a doorway to the back of the room caught my eye. An extremely tall blonde guy walked towards the pool. It appears that I had interrupted his quiet swimming session as he was already wet from the pool. He smiled at me and slipped back into the water. I watched him gracefully glide down to the shallow end, why did he seem familiar? Hell he was tall. He stood up in the shallow water; it just lapped up to the waistband of his shorts. Me? It came up to my boobs...

He looked to me once more and smiled again. His huge smile filled his handsome face. I couldn't help but return it. "I didn't expect to have company on my swim this evening". I gave a little laugh, "Neither did I, my friend said coming at this time is the quietest" I replied. He nodded at me, his eyes still smiling at me. Why did I feel myself blushing? "Yes, usually the public don't come out here this late" he told me, I realised he wasn't English, German? Then it clicked, "I'm Nico by the way" he added, "Hulkenberg right?" I replied, he looked back at me in a rather surprised and amused way. He gave me a slight nod in response. I smiled back at him, "I came with Laura and Paul Di Resta" I explained. "Ahh, cool" he smiled at me. "So you are here for the race?" he asked me, moving over a little closer to me as we stood in the warmth of the pool. I nodded and instantly grinned. "Yeah, it's my first time in the paddock" I told him to which he chuckled. "Ahh, very cool, for sure" he nodded, "so how do you know my team mate?" he asked. "I have known Laura for years," I explained, "I worked with her on a shoot a few years ago"

"You are a model?" he asked, I instantly coloured up, "no. no, no, no way" I shook my head, making him laugh. "I'm a make up artist, I met her on a Victoria's Secret shoot, and we were in Hawaii for 3 months and became friends." I told him. "So you aren't an F1 fan?" he asked me. I beamed, "absolutely! For years, and then when I met Paul, Laura asked me to come along to a race but I've never had time with work" I said, he nodded, seeming genuinely interested for some reason.

"So are you ready for Sunday?" I asked him, hoping not to have talked too much about myself. "I am pretty happy with the car at the moment, we will see on Friday" he told me. I carried on asking him things and he I, until he looked to the clock, seeing it was 12am. He sighed, making me look up at him. "I have to leave" he told me. I nodded, feeling strangely disappointed. "I must get some sleep, I have to be in meetings all of the day tomorrow" he said, rolling his eyes, making me giggle a little. "Sorry for keeping you" I apologised. "No, no, I would stay if I could." He said, making me blush a little more. He stood up and I tried my best to keep my eyes from wandering down his body...

He lifted himself out of the pool with ease and then turned to me, "will you be in the paddock tomorrow?" he asked me, making me look back to him, as he stood looking at me, a tiny pool of water developing around his huge feet...Vick! "Oh, um, no, tomorrow Laura and I are having a shopping day...can't come to Italy with a little shopping spree" I blushed. He laughed at me, "well that is a shame, hopefully I will see you around sometime soon" he smiled at me politely. I retuned his expression, "yes that would be nice." I responded, he grinned a little wider "goodnight" he nodded at me, "good night Nico" I smiled at him as I then watched him head to the changing rooms from where he had appeared. I smiled to myself, but then trying to suppress the fuzzy feeling in my stomach, and nether regions, I ducked under the water and pushed off to complete a few more laps.