Invitations

Sorry it's a short one guys, the next chappy makes up for it!

That night, myself, Laura and Paul had gone for a casual meal in the hotel and then decided to join Nico and some of his mechanics in a nearby bar.

The faces of the guys were becoming very familiar now and I was starting to feel pretty comfortable with these relative strangers. I'd been sitting with a few of them, arguing about who the next James Bond should be when I got a text off Laura saying that they were heading out soon. I excused myself from the group and went to go find them.

................

"hey are you guys leaving now?" I asked them when I'd finally found them in the downstairs lounge area. "yeah, did you want a lift back with us?" Laura offered. "it's okay, nico and the guys are leaving soon, I said I'd go find him when you two were heading out" I told them. Laura nodded and smiled. I caught Paul giving her a look, causing me to frown. "what's up?" I sighed, knowing there was something going on. "nothing" Laura said all too quickly. Paul sighed "c'mon love, we have to tell her" he said softly, "what?" I asked, crossing my arms as Laura huffed in annoyance. "kimi was here earlier" he started, "he's told me to tell you to meet him later on at the bar at the end of the road for a drink" he explained. "oh okay" I nodded, "thanks for telling me Paul" I added, then glancing to Laura who looked worried. "I'll be fine" I smiled, "get home safe. I'll go find Nico" I told her. She nodded and sighed again, then giving me a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow" she said. I nodded and smiled at them and watched as the headed out. Now, off to tell Nico...

..........

After searching for him for about 5 minutes, I saw him standing at the bar with two guys whom I didn't recognise. I sighed a little in relief and made my way over to them.

"oh you are still here?" he greeted me, yet with a smile on his face. I frowned a little and nodded, "yeah, I couldn't find you anywhere" I told him, momentarily ignoring Nico's company. He nodded at me and then looked to the two dark haired men opposite him. "guys, this is my friend, Victoria" he told them, making me look up at them. They were tall, nearly as tall as Nico. I smiled politely at them. "hey." One of them grinned, "hi" the second one winked at me, "hello" I smiled sweetly when I heard their English accents. "what you doin in the Force India garage?" one of them asked. I frowned quizzically at him, "I'm here with Di Resta" I replied, wondering why they cared so much. "we're here to support JB, but saw Nico here and couldn't help want to shake his hand, he's one hell of a driver" the second guy explained, making Nico look down to his feet a little shyly. I smiled and nodded, "yeah he is" I agreed. "well, nice to meet you Hulk, good luck in the race" they both shook his hand, I assumed for the second time, and nodded to me politely and then headed off.

"wow, your own little fan club huh" I smiled at him teasingly. He chuckled, looking down at me, "I guess so" he smiled at me, making me smile up at him even more, "but not much of a fan club with just two people" he stated. "three" I giggled, he looked down at me and smiled, "you are a member?" he asked me, I nodded as I felt my face blush. He grinned, "then it is worth it" he laughed, making me giggle too. "especially if I get to sit in your car again" I replied, Nico never losing his smile. "whenever I can get away with it, I will let you" he chuckled, seeing the huge smile it brought to my face.

"so where is Paul and Laura?" he asked me, as I think we both felt our eyes linger on each other a little too long. "oh, they've gone back to the hotel, I said I would come find you" I explained, he nodded, finishing off his drink. "perhaps it is best that we leave too" he said, making me agree with him. "let's go" he said, placing his glass on the bar and turning back to me. I slipped my arm in his and we left the bar.