Goodbye

I packed up the last few items into my case and zipped it up. My heart seemed as heavy as my suitcase as I stood it up on its end. I looked around the room, checking for anything I had missed and then I lifted the handle and began to pull it to the hotel room door.

"you ready?" Laura asked me sadly as I she opened her room door at the same time. I nodded with a little pout. She smiled at me as she was then joined by Paul. "c'mon Vick, I'll take your bag" he offered, taking it off me. I thanked him and then we all walked over to the lift.

They were all dressed up for the team dinner they were attending in half an hour, so they couldn't see me off at the airport, not that I minded, I knew this was important for them. I wished I was joining them but I knew long before this weekend that I would be working tomorrow and I couldn't stay any longer than the race. Still, I had to keep in mind I would be returning in a few weeks to do it all again.

"well thank you both for inviting me this week" I smiled at my two friends. "it's been an experience that I never thought I'd ever have" I beamed at them. "you're welcome girl" Paul grinned at me. I smiled at him and gave him a squeeze. "you can't thank us for it all though" Laura winked at me. I blushed at her and grinned as she embraced me. "and speaking of which..." she whispered in my ear. I pulled away from her and looked at her, seeing her looking over my shoulder. I turned around to see Nico walking through the hotel entrance. "we'll leave you guys to it" she smiled. I looked back to my friends who were grinning at me, "have a safe flight" Paul winked at me, "message me when you're there safe!" Laura said, waving at me. "I will, thank you guys" I smiled at them and watched them walk away.

.......................

When they had disappeared into the hall, I turned around, seeing Nico standing before me in a black tux and bowtie. I smiled at him, "you look so handsome" I couldn't help saying, making him smile at me and blush. "only if I had you on my arm tonight" he said, his tone sad. "well, yeah" I sighed, making him laugh. "you look pretty good though" I said, making him smile at me again. "are you ready to go?" he asked, glancing at my suitcase. "no" I sulked, his eyes shot up at me, "but I have to" I pouted, making him smile at my childlike answer. "I will walk you to the car" he offered. "don't you have to go inside?" I asked, thumbing over my shoulder to where Laura and Paul disappeared. He shook his head, "I don't really care" he told me. I smiled, "so I will take your bag," he said, grasping the handle, "and you take these" he said, bringing his left arm from behind his back, revealing a huge bouquet of flowers. I gasped, "Nico" I sighed, looking at them. "They're beautiful" I said, admiring the colourful array of flowers. "You like them?" he asked, "of course!" I smiled up at him. He grinned triumphantly, "good" he replied, holding his arm out to me. I slipped mine into his and we walked slowly out to the awaiting car.

The driver took my case from Nico and proceeded to put it into the trunk. "Thank you so much Nico for this week, I had an awesome time" I smiled at him as he looked down at me. "You're welcome." He smiled, "and I have to say, I had a better week than I was expecting" he grinned cheekily at me. I giggled. Looking up into his pale blue eyes, my stomach flipped "so will you let me know you are safe?" he asked me, making me smile, "of course" I nodded, "good. You are precious cargo" he told me, making me blush a little. "I can't wait til Abu Dhabi" he sighed, taking his hand to my cheek, caressing it softly, "I'm going to miss you" he added. I blushed a little more; "me too" I smiled at him, "but I'll call you between now and then" I told him, and maybe also questioning if I could. "You will?" he asked, looking a little surprised. "Yes, if you don't mind" I asked, he beamed a smile at me, making my knees weak. "I would love that" he replied. "I don't want you to forget me" he said. I sighed; "as if I would forget you" I laughed a little, making him give me a cheeky smile once more. "Miss we have to go" the driver interrupted us. "Okay" I nodded back at him, then looking to Nico once more. "You better go too" I said to him, knowing he would be in trouble. "Okay" he nodded at me in a sigh. Our eyes lingered on each other a little, until he leant down to me, at the same time as I reached onto my tip toes and connected our lips.

I tried to take in as many details of our kiss as I could, so it would last in my memory until our next one. The softness of his lips and the way they moved on mine. The feeling of his freshly shaven skin caressing me, the smell of him, the feeling of his hands on my hips as his fingers dug into me a little, keeping me from moving way from him. And then the look in his eyes when we parted. "Good night Victoria" he sighed, reluctantly letting me go. I stepped towards the car and looked back to him; "good night Nico" I smiled, "see you soon" I smiled, doing my best to hold back the tear that seemed to have bubbled up in my eye. I gave him a little wave as he watched me slip into the car, and then the door closed.

As the car moved away, I looked out the back window to see him standing there, where I had left him, watching me drive away. I sighed, finding that I couldn't turn away from him until he turned away from me. Which eventually he did, reluctantly, he turned a little to the hotel, rubbing his hand through his hair, then looking back to see my car about to turn the corner, and then with his head hung low, he walked back into the hotel. This was going to be a very long eight weeks.

The End. For now...

Part Two of this tale will be coming shortly! Xxx